display freezes when running long routines in Windows 7 any thoughts?

Started by Hypersonic, July 09, 2012, 09:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypersonic

I think I posted this a while back but could not find the post, so anyways sorry if this is a repeat.
I have switched to windows 7 and the display updating freezes when running long routines, and this really stinks when trying to debug programs and
you really can't see what is happening.

A while back no one seemed to have any solution other than going back to xp pro, does anyone have any new ideas on this?

Thanks!

owenwengerd

What are your long routines doing, and in what context are they running? What exactly do you mean by "display updating feeezes"? Are you referring to dialog controls?

Hypersonic

No, its really nothing to do with OpenDCL, I think it is some kind of a window7 thing....
its just running autolisp routines that do a lot of calculations etc. some zooming around on the screen.
Everything will update just fine for a couple seconds, then the hourglass pops up and it stays there until the routines are done, then does one screen display update
at the very end.

Not sure where to got to get help on this, I just know there are a bunch of good programers here and maybe have encountered the same problem....

Thanks!

owenwengerd

Maybe an occasional (princ "\n") or (grread) would pump the queued messqges. I'd post this on The Swamp where you're more likely to get a response.