example SPLITTER

Started by velasquez, September 04, 2012, 06:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

The example SPLITTER version 7.0.0.7 causes crash AutoCAD 2010.
I'm testing with Windows 7 64 bit.
Worked well with AutoCAD 2011 and 2013 have not tested with the 2012 version.
I believe it is a bug.
The attached image shows when the error appears.

Regards, velasquez

owenwengerd

What are the exact steps needed to reproduce the problem?

velasquez

Quote from: owenwengerd on September 04, 2012, 06:54:22 AM
What are the exact steps needed to reproduce the problem?

The error happens when I try to work with the styles with the cell Styles.
Auto CAD 20120.

owenwengerd

I need exact steps to reproduce the problem. If it's difficult to describe in words, a video showing the mouse would be helpful.

BazzaCAD

Hey Owen, can you remove the 'NEW' icon from those buttons, or would you like me to & send them back to you?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

owenwengerd

Go for it Barry. Make sure you document any changes you make, then ask Fred to make the same changes to the DEU files.

velasquez

Quote from: owenwengerd on September 04, 2012, 11:16:10 AM
I need exact steps to reproduce the problem. If it's difficult to describe in words, a video showing the mouse would be helpful.

OK Owen,
I posted a video showing the problem.

owenwengerd

Am I correct that you make one left button pick on the left column followed by one on the right before the crash occurs? Does it crash if you skip the pick on the left column, but pick only on the right? I have noticed in some cases the dropdown opens, closes, and opens again in quick succession, but I do not get a crash.

Fred Tomke

Hi, guys,

I get no crash on Map 2012 x64. But the dropdown opens twice. Quite funny. After the dropdown has completely opened, it collapses immediately and reopens anew. The comboboxes above just opens only one time when clicking the triangle on the right. I see no reason in the code.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

The reason for the combo opening twice is because of a recent change in the grid editing combined with the design of the splitter sample. The splitter sample calls StartCellEdit in the grid's OnSelChanged event in order to begin editing immediately rather than require a second click. However, the grid editing code has since changed to start editing immediately on its own. Therefore the edit control gets created twice in succession. This should not cause a crash (and doesn't in my testing), but maybe it depends on the timing of windows message processing somehow.

I have now removed the call to StartCellEdit from the splitter sample, and also added code to the grid that prevents the edit control from being destroyed and recreated when it is already present in the target cell.

Commenting out the call to StartCellEdit in the splitter sample should help determine whether the double opening has any bearing on the crash that some are experiencing.

velasquez

I used the same method to select controls with AutoCAD 2011 and 2013 everything went well.

Regards, velasquez

owenwengerd

Does your code call StartCellEdit? If so, does the crash go away when you comment it out?

velasquez

Quote from: owenwengerd on September 05, 2012, 09:35:49 AM
Does your code call StartCellEdit? If so, does the crash go away when you comment it out?

Hello Owen,
I must say that this is not my code.
I commented the part that you mentioned in the code.
Code (autolisp) Select

;;;    (if (and (= intCol 1)
;;;      (not lstLastContent))
;;;      (dcl_Grid_StartCellEdit Splitter_splitter_grd intRow intCol)
;;;    ); if

Please see the video how the control worked only once.

Regards, velasquez

owenwengerd

Thanks, so it seems the problem is somewhere else. If there is anything else that you think might be helpful in getting this bug fixed, please let me know.