little question about gird control, how to"navigate"

Started by aymen_ellouze, July 21, 2010, 08:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aymen_ellouze

hi all,

i'm using the gird control, and i'm trying to simulate a tool like the properties palettes in acad
when i use the tab button, i goes directly to the next control and not from one cell to another. (not the same behaviour in autocad)
so how can we do to navigate from one cell to another, without clicking on it, in the gird control?

thx in advance
aymen ellouze
architect & software developer

BazzaCAD

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Fred Tomke

Hi, and you can use the events to catch when Enter-Key was pressed to start CellEdit of the next line.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

aymen_ellouze

ok,
lets try with the opendcl gird sample,
i use the arrow to navigate from one cell to another, but to start editing what shall i do? (to click? forget about it, it is not the standard behaviour comparing to the properties palette), then when i stop editing a cell??
we can still use the enter-key event, but shall it be better to enable the tab button in the girds? (users are used to do so)

thx
aymen ellouze

aymen_ellouze

i wanna jsut add that arrows are used genrally to navigate through differents values of a cell, which will be a little bit confusing for a user...
aymen ellouze

Fred Tomke

Hi, as I said you can add events to catch certain keys, like windows standard F2 to start editing the current cell or Enter to jump into the next line to start editing the cell of the next line.

I remember a similar question in this board. Have a look here.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

aymen_ellouze

aymen ellouze