Blockview and AEC Objects

Started by jb, February 23, 2009, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb

Just noticed this.  The Blockview Control doesn't display AEC objects.  Furthermore the following gets echoed to the command line when a block containing AEC objects is displayed:

QuoteERROR: Could not instantiate the AecDict!

Owen, I know you don't have access to the verticles and I know the Blockview is in serious need of a re-write so don't worry too much about this.  It would be nice, but for me it's not a train wreck.  Just wanted to document the behavior.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

Fred Tomke

Hi, James,

does this occur with external drawings or drawing internal blocks? Maybe, the blockview uses ObjectDBX, then loading an external drawing to the control may cause some problems loading the AecDict. Could be the same to Civil 3D. Does you block you want to show AEC drawing objects (like walls) or only AEC dictionaries (like the annotation definitions which moved from AEC to AutoCAD)?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

jb

ok, that's weird - and now I remember.

The blockview will only show the AutoCAD entity it was based on: line, arc, etc.

But for some reason on my laptop it won't show even the basic elements and throws the error.  Must be a driver problem.

Never mind.

(thanks for having a look Fred!)
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

Fred Tomke

Hm, jb, I must correct myself: BlockView also shows Civil 3D objects: At the screenshot you can see an original AEC object. I must say: I don't know why you get this. But is it an external drawing you want to show? Can you send me a sample file?

Fred
Fred Tomke

jb

Yes, it is an external file that I'm loading.  Maybe that's it.  I'll have a look tomorrow . . . I've got a date with a beautiful blonde, a nice bottle of wine, and a fire to get home to.

;)
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

Fred Tomke

Hm, unfortunately, I have a late-evening date with the deployment.htm and the tips.htm of the documentation. But, luckily by my side is a blonde, too. Maybe different to yours  ;).

Fred
Fred Tomke

jb

my blonde was a little taller . . .  ;)
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber