List Box Crashing

Started by docsaintly, March 30, 2009, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docsaintly

This is my first attempt at OpenDCL and i'm very put off that something so simple is already breaking. I just made two list boxes and wanted to try to drag them around and it crashes autocad. This generally happens after i've moved some of the items around and then click somewhere in the dialog box.

BazzaCAD

Thanks for trying OpenDCL, but maybe you should be a little less judgmental until you try it out a little more....
Is it really that simple? Do you know of any other languages VBA, .NET, etc, where you can drag info from one list box to anther without writing one line of code?

Anyways lets try to figure out whats going on. What version of ODCL did you download & what version of ACAD are you on?
I tried your sample project with ODCL 5.0.2.4 & Acad2008, and couldn't get it to crash with a bunch of drags & clicks all over the place.
I did get the error:
Command: ; error: no function definition:
C:COVER_DISC_SELECT_DISCIPLINES_ONSELCHANGED

Since that's not defined in your lisp, so maybe you have anther version in your support path that it's loading from & is causing the crash....
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

owenwengerd

I also wasn't able to reproduce a crash during a few minutes of random dragging and clicking.  Any additional information that you can provide could be useful in tracking down the problem.

docsaintly

I don't expect it to work without writing code, but I do tend to have high expectations of error reporting. A more graceful exit than forcing AutoCAD to close would be nice. But if it's not OpenDCL causing the crash (which is the biggest reason I posted, I was hoping someone would be able to say outright that it wasn't and it's my AutoCAD install) then I have other problems.