Dialog Box Issue

Started by eptownie1988, September 23, 2009, 06:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eptownie1988

I have created a dialog box and when run inside of AutoCAD parts of it dissappear at times.  For example when I select a radio box everything is fine but when I go to input text in a text box the radio box and label dissappear.  I wondered if I have something set that needs to be changed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

owenwengerd

Does your form have any overlapping controls?  Can you upload a small sample that demonstrates the problem?
Owen Wengerd (Outside The Box) / ManuSoft

owenwengerd

I took a look at the files you sent. As I suspected, the problem is due to the overlapping controls. If you delete the tab control from your form in the sample, the problem disappears. The solution is to not have any overlapping controls on the form (put them on separate tab pages instead, and use the tab control to switch between pages).

eptownie1988

I thought that was what I was doing when I had the SLC tab as the current tab and then placed my objects on that tab.  I notice 3 folders under form 1 that are labeled with each of the tab labels.  Do I place the objects on each of these pages?  The only thing is the properties box does not have any properties listed in it.

owenwengerd

Yes, put your controls on the tab pages. They will be addressed as if they are on the main form, but they will really be children of the tab control.

eptownie1988

Owen, thanks for your support.  I have to say I really am enjoying learning about OpenDCL.  My mind is running wild with many ideas to be able to use OpenDCL with some AutoLISP routines that I have been wanting to write that will automate my time at work.  Many thanks also goes out to all the people involved with getting this program to its current version and capabilities.

owenwengerd

Thanks for the feedback. As long as people like you continue to use it and provide feedback, OpenDCL will continue to get better. :)