Combo Box - Linetype

Started by DW, November 16, 2010, 05:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DW

I'm noticing what seems to be an issue in the linetype combo when it displays complex linetypes. On each alternate drop down, it displaces the display of the graphic in relation to the text. The best way to describe this is to check out the attached screenshots (the first one is correct).  I'm testing on WinXP with 6.0.1.3 and OpenDCL.17.arx.

David

owenwengerd

I was not able to reproduce this exactly, but I did get some strange behavior that appears similar.  The problem I noticed seems to be resolved after making some changes to the code that reloads the list of linetypes from the current database every time the dropdown is opened.  Please test the next build and let me kow if you still notice problems.

DW

Thanks Owen.  I have a related question as I'd like to update the contents of the linetype combo after loading new linetypes in the drawing while the control is displayed. I'm wondering what the best approach is - I discovered the InsertString method works but the AddString and AddList methods don't.  Ideally I'd like the linetype graphic to display with the string if this is possible.

owenwengerd

Unless I misunderstand, that's how it (should) work.

DW

The InsertString method updates the combo boxes fine however I'd like to refresh the control to show the associated linetype icon - is there a way to reinitialize the control to regenerate the linetype icon, without closing and reopening the form?

owenwengerd

If the control updates as it should, the linetype will already be there, so there will be no point in adding it manually. Or are you just looking for a temporary workaround?  If so, I'm pretty sure there is no way to get it to draw a manually added linetype.

DW

Thanks, I think you've answered the question, I'll test the next version and see how the dropdown updates the linetypes.  In the meantime I've just discovered the dcl_SelectLineType function which is very useful.