Progress Bar Caption

Started by docsaintly, August 05, 2009, 12:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docsaintly

Hello All,
   I'm working in OpenDCL Studio and trying to work with a progress bar. I turned visual styles off so that I can see captions etc. on the progress bar. I notice that there is a caption options for minute(s), second(s), and remaining. However, it seems the only options are to display No text, a percentage, or Time in the format of X Min(s), Y Sec(s) [Remaining Caption]. I would like a different combination. I would like to either show nothing but the caption (so I can modify it and say X/X Remaining), or a Percent and the aforementioned caption.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

owenwengerd

That caption text is not very flexible. I suggest to add a feature request to add a new legend type of "Custom" that uses a (new) plain old Caption property that you can set to whatever you want. In the meantime, I think your only option is to set the progress bar's legend type to None, then use a separate label control for the caption.
Owen Wengerd (Outside The Box) / ManuSoft

docsaintly

Alright, thanks for the help. It would be nice if the "custom" text still supported the percents and time. So maybe you could do a message like : "Working on X of Y Items, They will be done in approx %Minutes% and %Sseconds%. I'm %percent% done". Obviously this would be a bit long, but i think you get the idea.