Directory picker

Started by Fred Tomke, December 17, 2009, 11:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Hi,

please start the OpenDCL dwglist sample. On my machine the combobox in directory picker-style shows Desktop by default (anyone else?). The expression (dcl_ComboBox_GetDir DwgList_DwgListForm_ComboBox1) will return "Desktop" (instead of C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Fred Tomke\Desktop). Now I don't know what to do:

1. If it is a bug I would report it.
2. If it is by design and worth to change, I'd like to add it as a feature request.
3. If it is consistent to Windows returning values, I'd workaround this.

What shall I do? I'm so helpless  ;)

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Slavko Ivanovic

For me, also return only "Desktop".
Fred, why don't you do all 1 2 and 3?

Or if is to much, i offer u to do one of them. ;)
***  siCAD Solutions for AutoCAD  ***
ArchiTools l ToolsPlus l LandTools l LBE

Fred Tomke

The answer is easy, Slavko: I have learned to ask if a behavior is by design before adding a bug report. I don't want to do anything wrong  :)

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

I would say this is a bug, since the 'Desktop' does have an associated file system path. However, shouldn't the root folder be 'My Computer' (which does not have an associated file system path)?

Fred Tomke

Hi, Owen,

Quoteshouldn't the root folder be 'My Computer'

I'm not sure, but it sounds not bad. Mostly, the initial directory is 'My documents', but I think it is set by each application.

If the returning value is 'My Computer' than it must be interpreted manually because the name of the workstation can be changed manually. The application using OpenDCL has to manage it by itself, I think.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache
@C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll,-9216

For me it is only important to know if the returning values are correct as they are now. I do know that you try to keep it consistent to the Windows API. And because I do not know the returning values of the pure Windows API for this control I asked this question. If it is 'Desktop' by default then I have to manage it by maself. I have no problem with it.

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

I took a look at the directory picker code. I think it needs to be fixed, but it's going to take a significant rewrite of major portions of the code, so I decided not to start anything for Alpha 17. I suggest to add a bug report so that I don't forget about it.

Fred Tomke

Hello Owen,

Quote from: owenwengerd on December 27, 2009, 10:57:08 PM
[...] I suggest to add a bug report so that I don't forget about it.

I've done it!

Fred
Fred Tomke