OpenDCL 6 Display Issues

Started by owenwengerd, December 06, 2009, 10:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenwengerd

There are still numerous display issues being reported in OpenDCL 6 since my attempt to refactor the control painting code by removing redundant and inefficient operations.  Since I cannot reproduce many of the display problems on my system, I'm having trouble fixing them.  Worst of all, fixing a problem by trial and error often leads to new problems that I can't see on my development system.

I need a different plan of attack.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to reproduce the problems under the debugger.  If I could create or configure a virtual machine identical to one of your problem computers, I might be able to reproduce the display problems in the virtual machine.  To help me do that, I'd like to gather some information from those of you experiencing display problems in the Alpha 15 build.

If you are experiencing display problems such as controls not getting painted properly until you pass the mouse over them, or controls on tab pages not displaying, etc., please reply here with exact system details, including graphics card.  My development system is running Windows 7 x64, so if you are able to reproduce the display problems on a Windows 7 system, I'd certainly like to compare notes.

At this point I'm not sure what else to try.  I will skip an Alpha 16 release this week to see if I can get a better handle on these problems.

Kerry

My System Information file,

MSINFO32 at DOS command
OR
Start->AllPrograms->Accessories->SystemTools->System Information ... save and Zip.

added;
@home
Dual monitors - SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2494HS.
Win XP Theme.

@work
Dual monitors - DELL 24. 
Win XP Theme.
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

Danner

My problematic computer is Vista, not Windows 7.  Here's the system info anyway.

Kerry

Anyone else having display problems with 6.0.0.10 -> 6.0.0.15 ??

andrew

here is my system info however im not having any display issues
with odcl, im using build 6.0.0.15

OS Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel(R) Xeon(R) Quad Core CPU W3520 @ 2.67GHz, 2661 Mhz
6.00 GB of Ram
Video Card ATI FirePro V3700

owenwengerd

So far the only thing in common is that all problematic systems are 32-bit, but that may just be coincidence. What about multiple monitors or specialized themes?  Neither here.

BazzaCAD

Sorry I've been out of the loop a little on this one. Which sample should I use to test these display issues?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

owenwengerd

Barry, that's another thing, some issues have already been fixed, so I'm also not completely certain which ones remain (and which are new). The most recent problem is that controls inside frames on tab pages don't display.

BazzaCAD

I'm having the same "controls inside frames on tab pages don't display" issue here at work. Actually controls outside of frames on tab pages don't display either (until you mouse over them)
I'm on Win. XP Sp3 32-bit, dual LCD's, default Win. XP Theme.

I'll check at home on my Vista x64 bit when I get there..

Here's my NFO, says it has an error when you open it, but all the info seems to be there...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Kerry

added ti info post;
@home
Dual monitors - SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2494HS.
Win XP Theme.

@work
Dual monitors - DELL 24. 
Win XP Theme.

My major issue is with these controls onto tab pages
TextButton
TextBox
SlideView

owenwengerd

Let's see if we can norrow things down.  Is anybody still (as of Alpha 15) having problems with controls that are not on a tab page?

Kerry

All my known current issues are with controls on a Tab page.
Visual style does not affect the issue.

Kerry

Just for info.

I did have an issue with the CheckBox NOT displaying on a Rectangle Control untill MouseOver.
This was resolved by changing the Background Color of the CheckBox to -16(buttonFace)
and leaving the rectangle  Background Color as -24(transparent)
and leaving the Form Background Color as -24(transparent) 

Regards,

BazzaCAD

Quote from: owenwengerd on December 09, 2009, 02:37:51 PM
Let's see if we can norrow things down.  Is anybody still (as of Alpha 15) having problems with controls that are not on a tab page?

@ Home on Vista x64 (dual screen) Acad2010, I still have the issues on the tab page.
Controls that aren't on the tab page, but on the same form, show fine....
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Danner

Quote from: Kerry Brown on December 09, 2009, 02:45:05 PM
All my known current issues are with controls on a Tab page.
Visual style does not affect the issue.
Same for me