Compile Errors

Started by Danielm103, December 22, 2009, 07:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielm103

Hi ,

I'm getting tons of errors when trying to build from the source in the SVN. I realize that these files are always being change, updated etc.  Where can I get the source for the last successful build or last stable build

Thanks a ton!
Copyright© 2007 Daniel Marcotte, This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights

owenwengerd

All SVN revisions are buildable, but you need to have the correct compilers (Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio .NET installed, with the project open in Visual Studio 2008), VC Build Hook must be installed, and several system variables must be set to point to the ObjectARX SDK and BRX SDK files. I think Fred has been working on documenting the exact steps to build successfully, so he may be able to add to my reply. In any case, what are your errors?

Danielm103

Hi Owen

I do have all the needed goodies installed and have been able to compile previous versions.
Before I list off the errors I will get a fresh copy and try again.

Thanks a ton!
Copyright© 2007 Daniel Marcotte, This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights

Danielm103

Hi Owen,

I have attached the buildlog from ARX.16 that has most of the errors.
The other errors are regarding missing lisp samples etc.

Thank you

edit: removed log

Danielm103

Quote from: Danielm103 on December 23, 2009, 12:22:30 AM
I have attached the buildlog from ARX.16 that has most of the errors.

This must be something with my virtual  machine setup... sorry for the false alarm  :o

Danielm103

Ok, the problem was that Visual Studio under Windows 7 XP mode, maps an additional drive to the host, which caused the compiler to see duplicate headers. I moved the OpenDCL project to a USB drive and I was able to build.

The DEU build failed as its missing a few of the samples for lisp, not a big deal.

Again sorry for any confusion..

PS this is one giant project!

owenwengerd

Ah yes, Fred has made some changes to the DEU samples and I have not yet updated the deployment project file to reflect the changes.

Fred Tomke

Hello, did I do anything wrong with the DEU samples  :-\ ?

QuoteI have not yet updated the deployment project file

What is the deployment project file?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Quote from: Fred Tomke on December 23, 2009, 03:18:44 PM
Hello, did I do anything wrong with the DEU samples  :-\ ?

No, what you did is correct.  I just need to sycnchronize the deployment project.

Quote from: Fred Tomke on December 23, 2009, 03:18:44 PM
What is the deployment project file?

The .vdproj file.