Please Help: Having problem using latest OpenDCL

Started by Kelie, February 12, 2008, 09:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelie

Hello,

Just installed OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.5.0.0.4.msi, and kept getting this message when launching AutoCAD. See attached pic.  I tried deleting anything with "OpenDCL" in registry and re-installed OpenDCL. Didn't solve the problem.

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

BazzaCAD

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Kelie

Quote from: BazzaCAD on February 12, 2008, 09:32:59 AM
TRY THIS:
http://www.opendcl.com/forum/index.php?topic=151.0

Sorry is there a solution in that thread? I don't see it. What is the .msm file for?

owenwengerd

Quote from: Kelie on February 12, 2008, 09:45:07 AM
Sorry is there a solution in that thread? I don't see it. What is the .msm file for?

We are still trying to figure out why it isn't working. What is your default language in Windows? What happens after you dismiss the warning message?

owenwengerd

Quote from: owenwengerd on February 12, 2008, 03:08:44 PMWhat is the .msm file for?

The MSM is a Windows Installer merge module that can be merged into your application's own installation file so the runtime is installed correctly along with your application without requiring any additional files.

Kelie

Quote from: owenwengerd on February 12, 2008, 03:08:44 PM
We are still trying to figure out why it isn't working. What is your default language in Windows? What happens after you dismiss the warning message?

Thanks Owen. My default language is English (United States). Once the dialog is dismissed, the arx file (OpenDCL.17.arx) is NOT loaded. Btw, this is how I've been loading the arx: (arxload "OpenDCL.17.arx").

Kelie

Quote from: owenwengerd on February 12, 2008, 03:10:36 PM
The MSM is a Windows Installer merge module that can be merged into your application's own installation file so the runtime is installed correctly along with your application without requiring any additional files.

Owen, Thanks for the explanation.

owenwengerd

Quote from: Kelie on February 12, 2008, 04:29:17 PM
Btw, this is how I've been loading the arx: (arxload "OpenDCL.17.arx").

What happens if you load it by entering the OPENDCL command?

jb

Are you moving the arx from it's original install location? Like to a network location?  You could do this with 4 but not now - not unless you move the ENU folder and the .dll file.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

Kelie

Quote from: owenwengerd on February 12, 2008, 04:58:47 PM
What happens if you load it by entering the OPENDCL command?

Command: OPENDCL
Unknown command "OPENDCL".  Press F1 for help.

Kelie

Quote from: jb on February 13, 2008, 04:53:04 AM
Are you moving the arx from it's original install location? Like to a network location?  You could do this with 4 but not now - not unless you move the ENU folder and the .dll file.

Thanks James. Yes. That's what I have been doing and apparently this is the cause of problem. So if I want to copy it to a network folder, I should copy the entire folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL and add it to the support paths?

Edit: I just tried the above and the problem was solved. Owen, Barry and James, Thanks for the help!

owenwengerd

Quote from: Kelie on February 13, 2008, 08:31:25 AM
So if I want to copy it to a network folder, I should copy the entire folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL and add it to the support paths?

Better to run the install on the server so you don't have to add it to the support path.

Kelie

Quote from: owenwengerd on February 13, 2008, 11:12:39 AM
Better to run the install on the server so you don't have to add it to the support path.

Thanks Owen. Didn't know about that option. I will do that. Should I use (arxload "OpenDCL.17.arx") or (command "OPENDCL") to load the arx, or it doesn't matter.

owenwengerd

If you are not pushing the MSI to each client, you will not be able to use the OPENDCL command to load it, and you'll need to use (arxload). In this case I would specify the full path to the ARX file and *not* put it in the support path.

Kelie

Quote from: owenwengerd on February 13, 2008, 08:27:57 PM
If you are not pushing the MSI to each client, you will not be able to use the OPENDCL command to load it, and you'll need to use (arxload). In this case I would specify the full path to the ARX file and *not* put it in the support path.

Notes taken. Thanks.