Problem with Uninstall

Started by kenkrupa, October 20, 2011, 11:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenkrupa

I'm using Innosetup to install ODCL along with my app. At Uninstall, it's going into an endless loop that can only be terminated using Task Manager. Below is what the messages looks like. If you answer Yes at message 3, message 2 repeats. If No, message 3 repeats until ending in Task Manager.

Here are the applicable lines in the .iss file, per the tutorial:

[Files]
Source: C:\_KCS\KCS_AEC\OpenDCL.Runtime.6.0.2.3.msi; DestDir: {app}; Flags: onlyifdoesntexist

[Run]
Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/i ""{app}\OpenDCL.Runtime.6.0.2.3.msi"" /qn"

[UninstallRun]
Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/x ""{app}\OpenDCL.Runtime.6.0.2.3.msi"""

What's wrong?

Using InnIDE v1.0.0.0078, Win7-64

kenkrupa

Has no one else run into this???

owenwengerd

Nobody else has reported it. It looks suspicious to me (I would expect there to be a condition that signals it to uninstall only if it's already installed and being uninstalled), but I'm not familiar with Innosetup so not sure how it works under the hood.

kenkrupa

Thanks Owen. That info got me investigating further, and I cleared it up. What I think happened is that I have two apps being installed to the same folder, and I think re-installing both of them repeatedly without uninstalling first created a confusion between the uninstall .exe files and their .dat files. Once I got rid of them and installed again, uninstall is now fine.