Help on deployment of a OpenDCP app...

Started by togores, November 22, 2011, 02:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

togores

Hello all. I'm a teacher writing a tutorial in spanish on programming an application using OpenDCL. The program uses a modeless palette.
I am loading the program using a load expression in acaddoc.lsp so it will be available across documents.
I have little experience in Innosetup. In fact I used it back in 2002 for a similar tutorial, then ObjectDCL. But then things were simple using Byron's AcadInstall.
And my form was then modal. I would appreciate any help on how to manage this now. Basically I would need advice on how to add the program's folder to AutoCAD's support files search path.
Thanks in advance,
Reinaldo Togores. University of Cantabria, Spain.

owenwengerd

There is an InnoSetup deployment tutorial linked from the OpenDCL home page. I'm not familiar with it myself. I will add that applications should rarely have any need to modify AutoCAD support paths or other user configurable AutoCAD settings. The installation script should write the installation folder of the app into the app's registry key, then the app should read that install location and use it to find any dependent files.

togores

Thanks Owen, I'll also  experiment with your LspLoad.
I'll let you know.