Display dwg is not working in tile “BlockView” in BricsCAD V13

Started by Coert, October 16, 2012, 06:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coert

Hi,

Display dwg is not working in tile “BlockView” in BricsCAD V13

Function dcl_BlockView_DisplayDwg does not work properly in tile “BlockView” in BricsCAD V13.
See the attached example. Copy the files in a search path of BricsCAD and load lisp file “InsertBlock.lsp” Start the dialog with command (startinsert). The dialog appears and activate button “Load dwg…”.

Select a dwg file, after that no preview is visible in the dialog. Close this dialog and when launching the dialog again with (startdialog) an error dialog appears with the text:

“Project failed to load!” …etc (see attachment Error Bricscad.jpg)

Note: it works fine in AutoCAD R13

Thanks in advance,
Coert

owenwengerd

This bug was reported to Bricsys in September (Support Request ID 36420). It wouldn't hurt to remind them that it is not yet fixed.

Danner

Hi Owen,

I assume this is the same bug as the one I reported on the bug tracker? (dcl_BlockView - fails in Bricscad v13 - ID: 3579135")

If it is, I'll give Bricsys a chase.

owenwengerd

Quote from: Danner on November 05, 2012, 01:21:06 AM
I assume this is the same bug as the one I reported on the bug tracker? (dcl_BlockView - fails in Bricscad v13 - ID: 3579135")

Yep, that's the one.

Danner

Received today from Bricsys:

This support request (connected with SR36420) has just been started to process and its priority has been increased. I will update you with an estimation as soon I will gather pertinent information. We appologise for the latency of this request.

Danner

Received yesterday from Bricsys:

FYI : We have just finished the OpenDCL Debug platform for Bricscad V13. Meaning that we can now start debugging the rported problems

Danner

Received today.  Looks like this may take some time...

we are able to reproduce and debug your problem in our current code. The problem seems to be located in Teigha code. I am now preparing a sample for. From now on the fix is up to them. As soon as I have some feedback I will let you know.

owenwengerd

Danner

Good news from Bricsys:  :)

we have now found and fixed the problem with the GS view;
all our test cases (internal BRX tests and clients' samples) now run fine again.

One of next BricsCAD versions will include this fix - please have a look at ReleaseNotes.htm
file, it will contain a reference to this request ID.

Again many thanks for your help !
Wish you a nice day & many greetings
Torsten Moses

For anyone checking the release notes - I'm not sure whether Torsten was referring to Owen's original request ID (36420) or my later one (37316).

Danner

The newly released Bricscad V13.1.20 is working for me.  8)

owenwengerd

Excellent! I guess it's time to check the open bug reports again to see which ones can finally be closed.