Web browser activex control

Started by vladgothe, December 10, 2013, 06:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vladgothe

Hello everybody! I want to know, for a web browser activex control, which is the function equivalent with GetHtmlDocument? In my form, in that ActiveX control, I navigate to a url which gives a json response and i want to store that json text in a variable in lisp so I can process it further.
I already have a version of the program which uses a standard OpenDCL html control, but on one of my client's computer, the variable set with GetHtmlDocument is always nil and I don't know why. Instead, on that computer, a file named identify.txt is opened in notepad and it contains the contents of GetHtmlDocument. So, I wanted to try with an Activex control instead.
On every other computer, the program is working fine, but on that one it's not working at all.

Fred Tomke

Hi, quite interesting. I'm afraid that is may be a IE setting rule that suppresses the response.
At the first view I don't see any method or property given back the current document's content.
But there is a document property (setq oHtmlDoc (dcl_AxControl_Get Unbenannt_Dialog1_Explorer1 "Document")).
That returns a activex object. Please have a try with that trying to query the properties.
In the end you have to call (AxObject_Release oHtmlDoc).

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

vladgothe

I think I found the problem. Internet Explorer was turned off from Windows features and I guess this is the problem of program malfunction.