Query for installation version

Started by idragonb, July 16, 2013, 12:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idragonb

Hi,

I am using nsis for installing my lisps and I would like to add opendcl runtime. How would I check if it is already installed and if it is installed, which version? I am assuming that I can query specific registry keys, but if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Michael

owenwengerd

OpenDCL Runtime uses Windows Installer, so you could use the Windows Installer API to query the database. This is not recommended, though. You should simply allow Windows Installer to manage the OpenDCL Runtime installation for your application; it will do all the work for you to ensure that your application will work, and without breaking other OpenDCL applications in the process.

idragonb

I asked google about this topic only to see that I already asked. To recap: if I run the runtime installer regardless it should not cause any damage and is the recommended method?

Thanks for the reply and sorry about the long delay. OpenDCL is awesome and before I found it I was really struggling with dcl many years ago... thanks for the utility

Michael

owenwengerd

Quote from: idragonb on December 10, 2013, 12:29:44 AM
To recap: if I run the runtime installer regardless it should not cause any damage and is the recommended method?

That is correct. The runtime installer is designed exactly that way.