Fatal Error 2010

Started by jbuzbee, April 04, 2014, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenwengerd

Yes, that will work. The idea is to see whether the problem occurs in the same code regardless of context, or whether it only happens during the OnDocActivated context. This is similar to the purpose for testing whether Synchronous vs. Asynchronous had any effect.

jbuzbee

Ok just happened again this time with the OnDocActivated event with just a (princ).  The button never caused a crash - I think it's in the event handler.

(defun c:ADT/ADTPalette#OnDocActivated  ( / )      
  ;(dcl_Tree_Clear ADT_ADTPalette_StyleTreeControl)
  ;  (kb:Propogate_00_StyleTreeControl)
  ;(princ)
  (princ "OnDocActivated"))

owenwengerd

Notice any patterns? Activating drawings a certain way? Windows maximized? Clicking the mouse vs. typing commands?

jbuzbee

Windows maximized, activating drawings from the "Switch Windows" pull-down on the ribbon, and quite often when opening a drawing from the Project Navigator another window will pop-up over AutoCAD like Microsoft Outlook.

Closing a drawing with the "x"

owenwengerd

So just to clarify: have you seen it crash when closing drawings *and* when switching drawings? Does it crash only when switching drawings via ribbon, or also when switching drawings in other ways? It might be useful to analyze a screen shot when it crashes, along with an explanation of the exact steps that lead up to it. Your goal is to figure out how to reproduce it reliably enough that I can reproduce it here.

jbuzbee

Ok this happens fairly consistently: more than 4 drawings opened, closing a drawing with the "x" boom

The fatal error only happens on close with the "x"

owenwengerd

I've attached a test project. See if you can reproduce the crash with the test project. Just (vl-load-all "DocActivatedCrash") to get started.

jbuzbee

I can't get a fatal error DocActivatedCrash

owenwengerd

Apparently there is something else needed. I'd sure like to get his figured out. Please keep me posted.

owenwengerd

Are you calling (command) anywhere in your code? If so, see if anything changes after you switch to (command-s).

jbuzbee

(command) - no.  I'm still on 2010

jbuzbee

Owen, still random fatal errors on closing one of multiple drawings opened.  Sorry - nothing new.

jbuzbee

Don't know if this matters but the fatal error seems to happen when 6 or more drawings are opened. 2 or 3 drawings no problem.

owenwengerd

That's certainly worth noting, but I'm not able to reproduce it even with 10 drawings open. I hope you can figure out what the other missing ingredients are.

jbuzbee

Well I've been using this routine with the OnDocActivated call-back only with (princ) with no fatal errors.  So that means there is a problem with:

Code (autolisp) Select
(defun c:ADT/ADTPalette#OnDocActivated  ( / )    
  (dcl_Tree_Clear ADT_ADTPalette_StyleTreeControl)
    (kb:Propogate_00_StyleTreeControl)
  (princ)
)

?