The "OpenDCL Studio.exe" file does not have the icon

Started by Emiliano, October 10, 2015, 04:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emiliano

It is nonsense that does not affect the good functioning of OpenDCL.  ;)

The "OpenDCL Studio.exe" file does not have the icon ICO.
For this reason when I add OpenDCL to the Win7 taskbar, no icon.  :'(

owenwengerd

My Win7 has an icon for OpenDCL Studio, but it's specified in the installer. Did you install normally, or copy files from another installation?

Emiliano

Quote from: owenwengerd on October 10, 2015, 06:41:55 AM
My Win7 has an icon for OpenDCL Studio, but it's specified in the installer. Did you install normally, or copy files from another installation?

Today after restarting the computer I tried to make a video to show you what I mean, but the problem has solved itself.
I think to reproduce:
1. Install "OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.8.0.2.0.msi"; the icon in the Start menu and the desktop is ok
2. Start "OpenDCL", in the taskbar see the application icon, but without the logo of OpenDCL
3. I press right click on the icon in the taskbar, then right click "Pin this program to taskbar"
4. The icon is still wrong, right click and choose Properties to manually add the icon, but it seems that the file OpenDCL Studio.exe has no icon.

If I run the same procedure after restarting the computer, everything works fine;-)

owenwengerd

I guess it takes some time after the install before Windows updates its icon cache. The icon is not embedded in the .exe file, so Windows has to fetch it from a different file, and I suppose this happens in a background task designed not to interfere with the foreground tasks. Not tested, but I think that's a reasonable theory.