Install folders

Started by ScottBolton, May 16, 2016, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottBolton

I've just taken over a new laptop and I don't have write access to the majority of drives and folders with the result that, although it installs, OpenDCL doesn't run in AutoCAD (2016). Getting permission is not a problem but I need a list of all folders that OpenDCL uses to pass to IT - unfortunately I can't ask for access to C:.

Can somebody help?

S

owenwengerd

OpenDCL doesn't write anything to your hard drive at runtime. The installer creates demand load registry keys, and OpenDCL writes settings to your user registry hive, but otherwise nothing is written anywhere unless you do it using your own plugin code. What exactly isn't working?

ScottBolton

Hi, Owen.

I've installed OpenDCL successfully on another laptop where I had full rights but on this new one it installs with no adverse message but when I type OPENDCL in AutoCAD there is no such command.

roy_043

Make sure you have the right version and that OpenDCL is installed after AutoCAD.

ScottBolton

jbuzbee

I'm having the same problem. The studio installs, all the registry stuff gets written, but upon calling (command "opendcl") I get "arxload failed"

This is happening on two of my computers in the office - it loaded just fine on my computer.

If we load the arx file through the startup suite it loads fine. Calling (arxload "//OpenDCL.arx") fails

Any thoughts??

owenwengerd

The next build will have a slight modification that might fix this. Unfortunately I've never been able to reproduce the problem, so I can't be sure what causes it.