Signature of OpenDCL.Studio.DEU.8.1.0.0.msi is damaged or not valid

Started by Peter2, September 05, 2016, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter2

For information (or confusion ...??)
---------------------------
I get the alert
Code (autolisp) Select
"Signature of OpenDCL.Studio.DEU.8.1.0.0.msi is damaged or not valid" when downloading from Sourceforge with Win 10 German, Internet Explorer 11 and "G Data Security". Downloading with Firefox 48.0.2 brings no alert ...
Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10

owenwengerd

It looks like something went wrong, and the files were not cleanly updated when I built them locally. I am rebuilding now, and will replace the bad files in the next hour or so.

owenwengerd

It turns out the problem is that Visual Studio signs the MSI files with a certificate that expired on September 4. I didn't know VS signs those files automatically, and I'm not sure how to update the certificate it uses. I'm installing VS updates now, we'll see if that updates the signing certificate.

owenwengerd

The VS update didn't help. I just signed them again with ManuSoft code signing certificate. Hopefully that will work until MS updates their signing certificate. Please try downloading again and let me know how it goes.

Peter2

Yes, it is OK now with the same environment I reported in the first post.

Thank you!  :)
Peter

Peter2

Quote from: Peter2 on September 05, 2016, 12:17:14 AM
For information (or confusion ...??)
---------------------------
I get the alert
Code (autolisp) Select
"Signature of OpenDCL.Studio.DEU.8.1.0.0.msi is damaged or not valid" when downloading from Sourceforge with Win 10 German, Internet Explorer 11 and "G Data Security". Downloading with Firefox 48.0.2 brings no alert ...

Now same problem with 8.1.3.1, both ENU and DEU ..
Peter

owenwengerd

It looks like I forgot to re-sign those. I will either upload the same files with new signatures, or upload a new version over the weekend.

Peter2

The Studio is OK now, thanks.
But "Runtime" is still blocked ..
Peter

owenwengerd

Runtime was also updated, so maybe you need to clear your cache before downloading. You can verify the digital signature on the file. If it's from Microsoft, it's the wrong one. The updated signature is from ManuSoft.

Peter2

Peter