what are the typical reasons for a "project failed to load!"

Started by zeeboy, April 09, 2008, 09:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeeboy

I'm an administrator on this machine, not a Standard user.  Is that what you were referring to?

I've rerun the OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.5.1.0.1.msi and it still doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
don't complain if you're not going to do something about it.

zeeboy

I'll add that it looks like anything new I create doesn't load as well.  But it has been a while since I've create an OpenDCL project.

I've also uninstalled the AutoCAD 2007 version I had loaded and rerun the MSI to no success.

It is really weird to me that projects I wrote years ago in the same folder as the new one I just created work but the new one doesn't! :(

I'll keep working on it. :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Doug

zeeboy

I uninstalled OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.5.1.0.1 and installed OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.4.1.2.2, recreated my new project and everything is working including the demos for OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.4.1.2.2.

Thanks!
Doug

owenwengerd

It almost sounds like you have several versions of OpenDCL Runtime installed, and the older one is loading. Are you perhaps loading an older version via acad.rx, or via the Startup Suite?

I don't know why it would cause any problem, but there is no need to add anything to your support path. I would remove the two paths you added.

BazzaCAD

Also did you install the Runtime & the Studio? (you only need the Studio)
Where you mostly having issues with the sample project or your own also.
The sample projects search a register key to figure out where to load from.
I'm wondering if a 32 bit Acad on a 64 bit OS, is causing it to load from the wrong folder.
Just a thought....
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

zeeboy

I did have Runtime & the Studio installed, but I also think I may have had an older version loading from an add-on.  I uninstalled everything, removed the folders from the Support Path and renamed the OpenDCL.17.arx in the add-on folder that was found.  I then loaded the latest version of the Studio, copied the OpenDCL.17.arx from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\OpenDCL to that add-on folder and now all works beautifully!

Thanks for both your suggestions!

doug