Bricscad V22 Docking Control bars

Started by Jim Short, August 10, 2022, 02:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Short

2 OpenDCL control bars. Bar1 docked at left. (dcl-Form-Show uMill/Action) Bar2 lands on top of Bar1 instead of docked at at right.
Same code works fine in AutoCAD2004.

Any ideas on how to get this to work in BricsCAD?
Jim Short

owenwengerd

Bar state is persisted in the current workspace. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking about, or you want the Dockable Sides property set differently for the second bar.

Jim Short

In BricsCAD, Bar 1 is docked to the left of the screen. It is always up. Bar 2, when launched by a button on Bar 1, should dock on the right side of Bar 1. This can be done by dragging if out of place. Bar 2 form close and form open again overlays Bar 2 on Bar 1 instead of being docked at right as before.  In AutoCAD after a lisp error, it is sometimes necessary to arrange Bars correctly on screen the log off and on to correct placement. Also changing screen font size, forcing a logoff may reset position. In AutoCAD positions were swapped. In BricsCAD positions are stacked.
Jim Short

Fred Tomke

Hi, Jim, I made the experience that the current OpenDCL palette state is stored in the "%appdata%\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2022\R24.1\deu\Support\Profiles\FixedProfile.aws" or in the "%appdata%\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2022\R24.1\deu\Support\Profiles\Map\Profile.aws" when AutoCAD is going to get closed. Since I do not use dockable bars, I cannot say if the states are also stores there or somewhere else (registry, cuix?). But I think a simple sample of three, four little forms could help to understand what is going on and what you are expecting to get.

Sure, not helpful for you now, but however interesting enough for reproduction and understanding.
With regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]