5.0.0.17 - ListView - onDblClick - sending a command

Started by jb, June 05, 2008, 07:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

That sounds interesting. I remember a method I translated  :) . It may also work at a palette of mine. Until now I call a (foreach oCtrl (dcl_form_getcontrols oForm) (dcl_control_setenabled oCtrl nil) .

I will have a try at jb's form.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

jb

Guys, I posted an example, a simple modeless form, where this scenario works: the 012.zip I attached earlier in the thread has a modeless form with ONLY a listview control - no other controls - and the doubleclick/qleader command functions as expected.

So I think there might be another issue with the jb002.zip form: the listview is on a tab control, which in the editor comes up as another form?  Is the container for tabs another form?  Will it fire it's own mouse events which aren't managed or trappable at this time??

It seems to me that some other control on jb002.zip's form is causing the problem because the simple 012.zip form works as expected.  I'm also suspect about this particular form because it's the only one out of seven other complex forms that has a re-painting issue.

Thanks for the help guys - other than this - alpha 17 is working pretty well.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

Fred Tomke

Hi Owen, I'd like to disable the form - but it seems that there is a type mismatch (or something else). The form doesn't seem to support an enable-method.

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

jb

James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

owenwengerd

Quote from: jb on June 09, 2008, 11:17:55 AM
Hey, Hijackers - what about my problem??  ;)

In the meantime, try doing what Fred suggested in http://www.opendcl.com/forum/index.php?topic=356.msg1566#msg1566 to see if that addresses the problem.

Fred Tomke

Hello Owen,

is (dcl_form_enable oForm nil) internally the same as (foreach oCtrl (dcl_form_getcontrols oForm) (dcl_control_setenabled oCtrl nil)? My hope was that (dcl_form_enable oForm nil) would also suppress calling the OnMouseMovedOff event. Because that is in my opinion the original reason.

I added an animated GIF. @jb: is it the problem I'm showing?
What you see is a modified lisp with disabling the form meanwhile (using the way I suggested). But you cannot get any notice of it because you work with sendcommand. I will have a last try with (c:jbPlaceTextNote), (c:jbPlaceNote) and (c:jbPlaceKeyNote) instead.

... I had a try. With really interesting results: Completely unusable.  :-\ (see second screenshot)

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

Fred, disabling all the controls is not the same as disabling the form, because as you found, an enabled form still processes mouse messages.