Started by diogenes, July 11, 2008, 09:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diogenes

Let me suggest a feature that I think has no Opendcl. Is it possible to make reports and that can be printed from Opendcl?

Thanks

PD sorry for my English

BazzaCAD

What type of report are you looking for?
The ListView control has a report style.
Or you could write some HTML & view it in the HTML control...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

diogenes

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for a way to print lists, reports, etc. as it can make MS Access. The html format is an option but not how to do it.
PD sorry for my English

Fred Tomke

Hello,

then you should use html and create own reports as tables or paragraphs. I don't know if it is possible to add ms access report control as activex control in a opendcl form. Do you know any way to show access reports without opening the database in access?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Fred Tomke

Hello,

I thought some more minutes about it and I've found out that it could not work directly in any programming language. Why not? A report needs a database management behind because a report consists of many tables and queries. The database management executes the queries and evaluates table relations. What you can do is the following: use adodb-connection-object to get access to the mdb. Design a xsd or a xml-file (I suggest you using css-files for styles) with the structure needed for the report. When creating a report the cells of the xml/xsd-file are filled and the resulting html-file can be shown in an opendcl-form using a html file. Don't forget a javascript-print()-Method button for printing.  ;)

Please, take it seriously, when I say: it's very easy and simple at least - but it's a lot sourcecode to write.

I designed some reports from some ms access databases as html files. So that's why I know that it work this way. There was an example of mine in the show and tell section of this forum. There was shown an example of a report generated automatically at runtime.

Fred
Fred Tomke

diogenes

Thanks for your interest and explanations.

I look for at the section of the forum, but I have not found the example you say. Could you hanging again?

thanks

BazzaCAD

Hi diogenes,
I created a simple example project that dynamically creates a HTML file & displays it in the control.
Check it out here: http://www.opendcl.com/forum/index.php?topic=380.0
Most of the HTML is hard coded, but I'm sure you'll be able to rework it to get what you're looking for.

Hope this helps,
Barry
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Fred Tomke

Thanks Barry!

Fred
Fred Tomke

diogenes