Methods_BinFiles.cpp Redone

Started by Danielm103, June 29, 2007, 07:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielm103

Hey Cool forum 

Hey guys, I wanted to upload the new source for the Binfile methods, this fixes a memory leak. :o
The INI stuff is in there too incase you guys want to include it.

Anyway, let me know what gets included so I can document the functions 
Thanks guys, you’re doing great work

[attachment deleted by admin]
Copyright© 2007 Daniel Marcotte, This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights

owenwengerd

Thanks Daniel, I've updated the Methods_BinFiles.cpp and .h files with your updated versions.

Please start a thread on SourceForge asking for opinions about putting the ini file functions into OpenDCL.  As I said before, I think you should distribute those separately; but if enough people think they should be included, I'll put them in.  If they do get included, there are several things that should be changed:

1) They should be put directly into acrxEntryPoint.h, because they are short and only called from there.
2) You should remove the try/catch statements. Nothing in your code should be throwing an exception.
3) The formatting should use tabs instead of spaces (1 tab = 2 spaces).
4) I think the INI filename should be the first argument, since it is always required.

Danielm103

Awesome Owen,

Thank you for the great suggestions. At this point I will probably back off
and let you focus, as I really need to work on my C++ skills before I can
be of much help. Hopefully I will be able to make more of a contribution in the next round.  :)

Thanks
Dan
Copyright© 2007 Daniel Marcotte, This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights

Danielm103

Hi Guys,

Just a follow up, I have decided to work on a little Utility Arx for lisp, for all those cool little utilities such as the INI reader.
This will give me the chance to learn C++ a little better and also so Owen won’t shoot me for scribbling all over his masterpiece  :o
I would really feel bad if ODCL crashed because of me  :o
I will be posting the source and binaries over at the swamp.

These are exciting time for lisp.
Thanks guys

P.S. Owen, your VC Hook utility is slick!  8)