Justify text mini-toolbar

Started by tlindell, September 06, 2007, 04:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlindell

This routine is also in the vein of small and simple is better.  I've re-worked my text justification routine using a very small dialog (they don't get much smaller) that almost appears to be a toolbar.  Before, I either prompted the user with a command line to choose the new justification, or built a menu to pre-choose.

The routine runs in either pickfirst mode or pick single object mode till cancelled.  The later will show what the current justification of the object is so you can better jugde that you're changing it and what is actually available per object type.  With pickfirst the changes are usually obvious by seeing the grips change.  It also supports Mleader and attribute objects.  I hope it sparks ideas for other uses OpenDCL can be applied to.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tlindell

One thing about this one, is that is seems to slow AutoCAD down after lengthy usage, I had Acad crash on me once after changing many many objects through the contious single pick object mode.  I'd appreciate any pointers to fix that.

Kerry

Any chance of posting the ODCL file as an .ODCL ?

I really think that the original would be more beneficial as a learning example for users.

Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

Kerry

For anyone who doesn't know ..

Copy the quoted list from the LSP file and save it with the extension xxx.odcl.lsp

ie
Quote'("YWt6A9........................ vm200=")

Open the file from the editor.
Save as xxx.ODCL if required ...

Here is the result

Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

tlindell

Quote from: Kerry Brown on September 07, 2007, 06:57:18 PM

Any chance of posting the ODCL file as an .ODCL ?

I really think that the original would be more beneficial as a learning example for users.

Good point, I'll make sure to do that the next time.

tlindell

Upon further testing, I found that using the backboard and setting/importing the project var only once eliminated the performance/memory leak.  I originally thought it was only neccessary to do so with modeless/dockable forms for obvious multi-drawing access and thought I could get away with using a local variable to do it in modal forms.  Because of this change, there was another small change elsewhere in the code to ensure disabled buttons were enabled when the dialog was reloaded the next time.