A Few Basic Questions

Started by vosey, January 15, 2009, 12:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vosey

Hi, I've recently installed Version 5.0.1.5 OpenDCL Studio (I was previously using v4.0.1.6) and I seem to be struggling with some basics...  After downloading and Firing it up everything seemed fine, I selected Project>Add Modal Form, and Form 1 appeared as expected, but strangely the title bar remained grey in colour and clicking onto the form itself would not seem to 'liven' it up (unable to drag it around).  I then added a Text Button to the form (which was fine) but I could not then select the new button to move or resize it.  The buttons can be selected by picking them in the 'Tab Order Panel' but not by directly clicking on to them on the form itself.

vosey

I'm assuming I'm missing somethiing obvious (which I do often) but if anyone could assist it would be appreciated.  (I have installed/uninstalled 3 times)

BazzaCAD

try hitting esc after you add the button, to go into select mode.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

vosey

Just Uninstalled v5 and installed 4.1.2.2.!!!   I'll reinstall version 5 and try your suggestion.  (seems version 4.1.2.2 doesn't seem to have the problem.).  Thanks for the suggestion, I'll get back to you

vosey

Thanks BazzaCAD - That's all I needed to do!! The escape key allows the mode change into moving and resizing as you said, very much appreciated.  I don't want to push my luck here but do you happen to know how I can move the main form around the working area? I can't seem to 'wake it up' although clicking on to it does list the Properties/Events of the main form, and I can resize by placing the curser over the edges.  I guess it's not absolutely necessary but I do like to move my forms around especially when I have more than one on the go. Cheers

vosey

Appears I can't have more than one form displayed at a time so I guess the last questions not reallky relavant.  Apologies - I'm new to this and finding my feet so a few of my postings may appear a bit naive!

owenwengerd

To move the form design view, you need to un-maximize it. Try opening several forms, then choose the 'Tile' option in the Window menu.

vosey

Thanks Owen - It just gets better!!