problem installing the latest beta

Started by Kelie, May 18, 2009, 04:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelie

i'm getting this error when trying to install the latest beta (OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.5.1.1.1.msi). no problem with the runtime. btw, i've seen this message once with one of the alpha releases recently.

thank you.

Kelie

nobody else has this same problem? as i mentioned, i've only run into this twice among the dozens of previous releases.

owenwengerd

Nobody else has reported any similar problem. Have you checked your Event Viewer to see if there's an entry with more detailed information about what triggered the error?

Kelie

Thanks for your input Owen. How do I get to the Event Viewer that you were referring to? What is puzzling me is I didn't have the problem with most of the OpenDCL Studio releases. The only two which gives this problem is this latest beta and the alpha 4 (OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.5.1.0.4.msi).

owenwengerd

Event View is under Programs -> Administrative Tools in the Vista and XP start menus. I'm puzzled as to why those two installations would be any different from the others.

Kelie

Thanks Owen. This is the message from Event Viewer. I get the same message for the Alpha 4 release.

Source: MsiInstaller
Caategory: None
Type: Error
Event ID: 1008

The installation of C:\AutoCAD\Downloads\ARX\OpenDCL.Studio.ENU.5.1.1.1.msi is not permitted due to an error in software restriction policy processing. The object cannot be trusted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Btw, I didn't find additional information on the Microsoft website.

owenwengerd

Kelie

No problem. I'll wait for the next release. Maybe the problem won't happen this time. Also I'll try on a different workstation too.

Kelie

I found out what was causing the problem: I had couple of incomplete downloads. I launched the .msi from Firefox and didn't realize this. And the error message wasn't helpful either. Until I went to the folder and saw the file sizes were only less than 1MB. It is all good now. Thanks.

owenwengerd

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that the problem is solved.