ToolTip Font Drop List

Started by velasquez, November 06, 2007, 10:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

Hi Owen, 
Tooltip with the example of the font in the ComboBox style Font Drop List shown in the file.ODCL is not same to the editor. Should not it be? 
Excuse my English it is not good, I posted the images. 
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

velasquez

Is an answer possible for this question? 
Thanks

owenwengerd

Quote from: velasquez on November 06, 2007, 10:26:42 AM
Tooltip with the example of the font in the ComboBox style Font Drop List shown in the file.ODCL is not same to the editor. Should not it be?

There seems to be a discrepancy in the image used, but .shx fonts are not shown in the editor by design.  In your image of the editor font dropdown, RomanS is a TrueType font.  In a form displayed in AutoCAD, the font dropdown should include both the TrueType RomanS font (if it is installed), and the RomanS.shx font.  The .shx version is not rendered using the actual font (rendering a .shx font would require a custom font renderer).

Therefore, I think the only bug here is that the wrong image is displayed in the editor font dropdown for fonts derived from .shx fonts.  Please submit a bug report about this.

velasquez

I posted a report bug on this problem I didn't get to post there for this reason here the image this.

owenwengerd

The fact that .shx fonts are not rendered is not a bug -- that is by design. The bug is that the wrong icon is displayed in the editor's font dropdown for TrueType versions of the .shx fonts.

velasquez

Hi Owen, 
Please do excuse my ignorance the one what I don't understand the discrepancy it is among font dropdown in OpenDCL and the one what is shown in the command Style of AutoCAD, should not the same thing be?

dkh007

QuoteTooltip with the example of the font in the ComboBox style Font Drop List shown in the file.ODCL is not same to the editor. Should not it be?
What Owen is saying is in AutoCAD, there is a part of the program that reads the SHX file and then renders (or draws) an exact representation of of the SHX file. In the code for OpenDCL, it does not have anything to render the SHX file. So it only echos the name using a font like Ariel, instead of using the SHX file. Does that help?
Daniel Hargreaves, AIA, CSI, CDT, RAS
accustudio.com

velasquez

Image of font dropdown in OpenDCL Studio 4.1.2.0