Inno Setup Tutorial

Started by LanceG, April 10, 2009, 12:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanceG

OK, folks, I've come up with a first draft of an Inno Setup tutorial.  Unfortunately I keep getting errors when I try to upload it, even though it's less than 3 megs (lots of screen caps).  Ideas?

Lance

owenwengerd

The forum software is configured to accept only certain file types for attachments. Try zipping it, then attach the zip file.

LanceG

Owen -- I have already zipped the file, though even when I tried a PDF (which is also supposed to work) it failed.  Just for kicks I tried the ZIP again.... and it still won't go.

The error message says that if it takes too long OR the file is too big, it will be "lost".  Has anyone else sent a 3 Meg file?

BazzaCAD

Hmmm it wouldn't let me attache a 3mb. file either, but I'm also downlaoding a huge file so it maybe slowing down my net.
Try again later today, or email it to me & I'll post it with the other tutorials.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

velasquez

Hi LanceG
Some new work in your tutorial?

LanceG

velasquez -- I have been trying to upload the tutorial.  Even though it's less than 3 MB, it apparently refuses to upload.  Bazz -- any news?

BazzaCAD

Quote from: LanceG on April 14, 2009, 11:27:40 AM
Bazz -- any news?

Unfortunately no :)
It seam to be a PHP setting that I'm not able to change on our shared hosted sever.
Just e-mail it to me (address in sig.) as a PDF & I'll post a link to it.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

LanceG

OK, I just sent it (again).  I hope you'll see it (as a PM) this time.  Interestingly the "Additional Options..." below now shows that the server allows "10000 KB" attachments.

Lance

BazzaCAD

Quote from: LanceG on April 14, 2009, 04:21:32 PM
OK, I just sent it (again).  I hope you'll see it (as a PM) this time.  Interestingly the "Additional Options..." below now shows that the server allows "10000 KB" attachments.

Lance

Yes I increased the forums max. attachment size hoping that would fix it, but found it's not he forum software, it's PHP at the server level.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

velasquez

It is very bad that a tutorial cannot be posted by technical problems.

LanceG

velasquez -- BazzaCAD (Barry) is working on this.  I'm sure it won't be long before the link is posted.

LanceG

BazzaCAD

You can now find it on the tutorials page...
http://opendcl.com/wordpress/?page_id=10

Thank you very much Lance for preparing this for everyone.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

LanceG

You're most welcome!

BTW I have recently created a VLX file for this tutorial, using the instructions in the main OpenDCL tutorial (thanks yourself!).  All you need to do in the [Files] section is to remove the .lsp and .odcl files, replacing them with your .vlx file.  This seems pretty obvious, but the nice part about doing this is that, with only one file to load, you don't need to worry about running the file from the ACAD support path.

Lance

velasquez

Congratulations for the excellent work.