Resolution of arcs in Block View

Started by copter, June 18, 2009, 09:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

copter

Hello,

I attached one sreen shot including a control DWGPreview and one with a control BlockView.
We can see a very bad resolution for arcs on the 2nd screen shot. Is it possible to increase the resolution ?
Or maybe something is wrong in the dwg ? ... (attached)
Thanks for your help.
Copter

Fred Tomke

Hi, copter,

I don't believe that it is a matter of dwg.

Try another setting of rendermode of the blockview.
Disable hardware acceleration (I don't know the english word for it) in the _3dconfig command.

Both ways end up with better results for me.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

copter

Hi Fred

I tried all the render modes: Result is the same.

I changed few parameters in 3DConfig without any changes.

Copter

Fred Tomke

Hm, quite interesting. I tried your block in 2 different AutoCAD releases: DWG-Preview gives the same result in both releases. But the blockview result looks much better in Map 2010 as in Civil 2009... Which AutoCAD release are you using?

Fred

[EDIT] The last screenshot shows the new driver "Autodesk" of Map 2010 - maybe it's the key?
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

copter

Hi Fred
My previous screen shots was under R2009 single.
I tried under R2010. (Image attached) Things are better but not the best that I could hope.
I changed settings in 3DConfig, under R2009 and R2010,  but without any effect.
Monday, I will make some new test on others workstations.
I am using blockview rather than dwgpreview because the blocks are part of a big librairy where dwg files are modified with ObjectDBX, and, du to the ObjectDBX 'saveas method, the preview is lost...

Copter

Amsterdamned

Hi,

If this would be in the dwg itself  i would say, try the viewres sysvar. set it higher. But i don't know if that helps in a preview as well....

Bernd
Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

copter

OK
I made several investigations on different work stations,  I can understand now what happens.
The resolution depends on the zoom factor of the current drawing.
I am not speaking about the block but the drawing where you launch the form.
There is nothing to see with the 3D configs options, Civil3D or not, driver X or Y ...
The 2 following screen shots have been done on the same drawing:
The 1st one with a zoom extend, the 2nd one with a 20xp zoom. (Anywhere on the drawing)

I thing that is likely a bug, because the display of a block view should not depend of the current zoom of the drawing...
Any suggestions ?
Copter

Amsterdamned

Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

BazzaCAD

Quote from: copter on June 22, 2009, 02:39:44 AM
OK
I made several investigations on different work stations,  I can understand now what happens.
The resolution depends on the zoom factor of the current drawing.
I am not speaking about the block but the drawing where you launch the form.
There is nothing to see with the 3D configs options, Civil3D or not, driver X or Y ...
The 2 following screen shots have been done on the same drawing:
The 1st one with a zoom extend, the 2nd one with a 20xp zoom. (Anywhere on the drawing)

I thing that is likely a bug, because the display of a block view should not depend of the current zoom of the drawing...
Any suggestions ?
Copter

Can you post a small sample code showing this?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

copter

In order to reproduce this behaviour:

- Open Test.dwg
- Load Test.lsp
- Type "Test"

(Tested with R2009,R2010 and Civil3D-2009)

Copter

owenwengerd

This should now be fixed for Beta 7.

For some reason, the block view code was using parameters from the active drawing viewport to initialize the block view control. I have removed that code and it now uses a standard plan view as the initial view. This appears to have fixed the tessellation problem in my tests.

copter

Thanks Owen
I thought that I was the only one to see the problem!
Copter

copter

Hello Owen

This is not yet fixed. (I tried with 5.1.1.3)
I attached again the test files.
When you will fixe it , would it be possible to update both 5.1 and 6.0 ?
Thanks for your help
Copter

owenwengerd

I am able to reproduce the problem in AutoCAD 2007, but I can't find any way to change the tesselation tolerance. Please report this as a bug so that I can revisit it in the future.