Can we refresh a ComboBox Layer List to include a new layer added

Started by zeeboy, June 22, 2009, 11:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeeboy

I've got a dialog to that has combo box layer lists.  this dialog also has buttons next to each combo box layer list for the user to click and open a 2nd dialog where they can set the properties to create a layer.  If the exit the 2nd dialog creating the layer I want to update the combo box layer lists.

Can I do that easily?  I haven't found a method for it in my search yet.

Thanks!
don't complain if you're not going to do something about it.

zeeboy

I solved it by closing the 1st dialog then opening the 2nd.  Once the 2nd is complete I reopen the 1st and all is good.

The only trouble I had was with closing the 1st dialog and reopening was I couldn't use the Cancel event.  I'm not sure why that event is called with  (dcl_Form_Close psSetLayers_main {DialogStatus [as Long]}) but it was.

owenwengerd

You can use (dcl_ComboBox_Clear) to refresh the layer list.  I don't understand the problem with the cancel event. Can you describe it more clearly?

zeeboy

the (dcl_ComboBox_Clear works great.  Thanks!

regarding the OnCancel, I had the following:
(defun c:psSetLayers_cmbbxNLWallLines_OnClicked    ()(psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer"Wall Lines"))
(defun c:psSetLayers_cmbbxNLDoorLines_OnClicked    ()(psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer"Door Lines"))
(defun c:psSetLayers_cmbbxNLDoorJambs_OnClicked    ()(psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer"Door Jambs"))
(defun c:psSetLayers_cmbbxNLWindowLines_OnClicked  ()(psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer"Window Lines"))
(defun c:psSetLayers_cmbbxNLWindowJambs_OnClicked  ()(psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer"Window Jambs"))
(defun c:psSetLayers_cmbbxNLWindowGlass_OnClicked  ()(psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer"Window Glass"))
(defun c:psSetLayers_cmbbxNLWindowSills_OnClicked  ()(psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer"Window Sills"))
(defun c:psSetLayers_grphbtnCancel_OnClicked()(dcl_Form_Close psSetLayers_main)(setq sy%cancel_clicked T))
(defun c:psSetLayers_grphbtnCancel_OnCancel()(dcl_Form_Close psSetLayers_main)(setq sy%on_cancel_clicked T))
(defun c:psSetLayers_main_OnCancelClose(in%canceling)(dcl_Form_Close psSetLayers_main)(setq sy%close T))
(defun psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer
  (st%title_suffix)
  (dcl_Form_Close psSetLayers_main)
  (zz^psArchitectural-CreateNewLayers st%title_suffix)
)

when one of the first 7 events were triggered was the OnCancel event was triggered after (dcl_Form_Close psSetLayers_main) in psSetLayers_CreateNewLayer.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for pointing me to: (dcl_ComboBox_Clear!