transparent text box ?

Started by blasto, July 15, 2009, 03:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blasto

Hi all,
I've been working with opendcl (great software!!) for awhile and created awesome interfaces so far. But couldn't manage to create a transparent text box. Background always render in black if I choose transparent. I'll use it in a palette form and want it over a picture box but neither over picture nor just by itself textbox seems not happy with transparency.

I'm using winxp& acad2008; afaik usevisualstyle property is not applicable to the text box so I'm stuck. Or do I get the tranparency idea wrong ??? thanks for your helps  :)

AutoKAD

Is the textbox over the picturebox enabled or disabled?  If you have no need to edit the textbox contents in a direct manner you can use drawwrappedtext and paintpicture methods together with the OnPaint event.

If this is the case, here is a snippet:
(defun @:Paint_Text (%symCtrl %lstDWText %lstPaintPic /)
  (dcl_PictureBox_DrawWrappedText %symCtrl %lstDWText) (dcl_PictureBox_PaintPicture %symCtrl %lstPaintPic)
  )
(defun c:Project_Form_Control_OnPaint (HasFocus /)
  (@:Paint_Text Project_Form_Control
(List of Lists as (UpperLeftX [as Long]  UpperLeftY [as  Long] Picture [as PictureID] {Enabled [as Boolean]} {UseMask [as Boolean]}) ...)
(List of Lists as (StartX [as Long]  StartY [as  Long] Width [as  Long] Color [as Color] {BackgroundColor [as Color]} Text [as String] Justification [as Integer]) ...)
))

If this isn't the case or if this did not help you, could you post an example file?