Bricscad and resbufs

Started by Danielm103, September 03, 2009, 04:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielm103

Hi Owen
something you might want to be aware of. Bricscad does not automatically free the resbuf returned by acedGetArgs as AutoCAD does, you must explicitly call acutRelRb. I have filed a bug report with Bricsys regarding this, but I don't think it has been fixed yet.
calling acutRelRb and setting the pointer to NULL seems to make both platforms happy.
Copyright© 2007 Daniel Marcotte, This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights

owenwengerd

Thanks for the heads up. Since acutRelRb() on the returned list is a no-op in AutoCAD, an easy solution would be to call acutRelRb on both platforms (except that for OpenDCL that would mean adding acutRelRb in 446 places). I just did a quick test, and the more serious problem is that in Bricscad every call to acedGetArgs returns a new copy of the argument resbuf. This causes the OpenDCL argument processing algorithm to fail because it calls acedGetArgs a second time to get back to the head of the list for calculating which argument triggered the argument processing exception. All this because Autodesk forgot to type the returned resbuf* as const in the R13 header file.

Hopefully Bricsys fixes their implementation to match AutoCAD's, then I won't need to worry about it.