Grid cell style issue

Started by johnM, October 07, 2009, 11:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnM

Runtime 5.1.1.8
Using cell style 40 dropdown upper case text combo list automatically sorts the list A-Z
Using 36 dropdown combo list will not
I like the uppercase aspect but don’t like the sorting
Is this a bug or just the way it is

Thanks

owenwengerd

It looks like this was an oversight, not by design (grid cell combos are sorted by default). I've changed this now for Alpha 8 so they are *not* sorted.

johnM

Thanks for the info

Another issue with style 40

I have a grid with 7 columns created at runtime column 0 as row header.
I commented out all my code so the only thing is the on initialize to create the columns

I pasted  (dcl_Grid_SetCellDropList QD_FIN_QD_FIN_Grid1 0 1 (LIST "WHITE" "RED" "BLUE" "GREEN")) in the command line to populate the dropdown list changing the column number each time to populate all dropdowns with the same list.

The issue is when you go to a cell and select WHITE then click on another cell then click back on the previous cell the cell will cycle to the next text in the list so now it displays RED
I have no events coded or any other code running
I have tried everything I could think of but the change occurs when you click on the cell before any event is fired

owenwengerd

I think this is a side effect of the same bug. At least I can't reproduce the problem in the current code.

johnM

I found that if you sort your list  A-Z before loading it into the dropdown it will not cycle through the list every time you click on the cell.

owenwengerd

I recommend to test the current OpenDCL 6 development build to verify that the problem is fixed.