OLE DragDrop to TextBox

Started by Fred Tomke, December 07, 2007, 12:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Hello,

don't know whether it is possible or not, so I'll ask you. Maybe somebody already has experiences with OpenDCL in this case.

There are OnDrop-Events for the TextBox. But it seems to me that it only works within AutoCAD. In some cases it could be nice to have an OLE Drop event. That means, that the textbox control shall notify when something was dropped from another program OUTSIDE AutoCAD. Two examples:

There is a plant database product that supports a drag/drop-technology. Once the user drags a plant from the list in the database and drops it to a dialog of an other application, the application has access to a pointer given by the plant database API. The only thing the other application has to do is to get notified about the OLE-Drop event.

I want to drag s selected part from a website into a OpenDCL TextBox control. Of course, using Copy/Paste would work, too. But using Drag&Drop I'd be faster. Unfortunately, the text does not appear in the TextBox yet.

Does anybody have any idea to solve?

Greetings,
Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

The drag and drop handling on OpenDCL needs to be completely rewritten. What you're asking for should be possible, but the current implementation only works in specific scenarios that it was explicitly written to handle. Please add this as a feature request.