OpenDCL 6 Display Issues

Started by owenwengerd, December 06, 2009, 10:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Kerry: can you sent me the last sample to test? I've tried your sample files from your initial posting and I've no problem on my notebook with 6.0.0.15. But I do have graphical issues with one of mine with 6.0.0.15 but not with 5.1.2.3. But I cannot publish it - then I have to upload the whole product...

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

copter

Owen,
Just an idea: Because display issues occurred since alpha 10, is it not possible to compare what was changed between alpha 9 and 10. ?
copter

Kerry

Quote from: Fred Tomke on December 10, 2009, 01:06:15 AM
Kerry: can you sent me the last sample to test? I've tried your sample files from your initial posting and I've no problem on my notebook with 6.0.0.15. But I do have graphical issues with one of mine with 6.0.0.15 but not with 5.1.2.3. But I cannot publish it - then I have to upload the whole product...

Fred

Here is my last test, for all to try.
There are controls on Tabs 2 and 3 also that cause issues.
Kerry.

Attached Code and piccys for members.:
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

Fred Tomke

Hi, I cannot see anything wrong, do you?

I tried on two machines (see attachments).

Fred
Fred Tomke

Kerry

Looks fine to me Fred.
Single Monitor or Dual ?

Interesting that the slideView and DwgPreview have a gray background .. is that your modelspace color ?

Fred Tomke

Hi, Kerry,
Quote from: Kerry Brown on December 10, 2009, 02:28:14 AM
Single Monitor or Dual ?

The 32 Bit workstation has two Samsung 2343BW in dual mode (extend the main screen to the second screen).  The 64 Bit machine is a single notebook - but wait: I will try to apply a monitor to the notebook ... Now I connected one of the Samsung 2343BW with the 64 Bit notebook. The form works on the second screen in duplication mode as well as in the mode extending the main screen to the second screen.

I hope that helps.

Quote from: Kerry Brown on December 10, 2009, 02:28:14 AM
Interesting that the slideView and DwgPreview have a gray background .. is that your modelspace color ?

No, it's the modelspace backcolor Autodesk like to have in AutoCAD Map :( . They change the modelspace back color with every new AutoCAD release like I change my underwear (as the German as the proverb has it: to change something as often as someone's underwear).

Map 2006: blue (qoute from Autodesk: The backcolor of CAD is black and the backcolor of GIS is blue).
In Civil 3D 2009 the back color is a very light mixture of yellow and orange. And now Map 2010 is grey in the back. Believe it or not: it was mentioned as one of the benefits of the new release of R 18.1:  the back color was turned to dark grey. I love it! (Am I too sarcastic?)

I had to reinstall AutoCAD Map between two cutomer trainings and I forgot to change to WHITE: the color most landscape architects usually use to persuade themselves of a piece of paper.

Fred
Fred Tomke

andrew

Quote from: owenwengerd on December 09, 2009, 12:18:46 PM
So far the only thing in common is that all problematic systems are 32-bit, but that may just be coincidence. What about multiple monitors or specialized themes?  Neither here.

if by graphical display errors you mean something like this
then i get them but only when i used the combo box.

owenwengerd

Andrew, the other reported problems are all inside AutoCAD at runtime, but it's interesting that the combo box displays wrong for you in Studio.

owenwengerd

Quote from: copter on December 10, 2009, 01:27:06 AM
Just an idea: Because display issues occurred since alpha 10, is it not possible to compare what was changed between alpha 9 and 10. ?

In Alpha 10 I completely removed all the hacks, workarounds, and kludges added previously to fix display problems. So yes, I could go back, but then I'd be right back where I started: with an unmanageable mess!

BazzaCAD

It looks like the main display issues that are still outstanding for a15 are TextButtons, CboBoxes, & textBox (background color), grids, ListBox on Tab Pages...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Fred Tomke

Barry, your screenshots look completely different to mine (see above). Curious!
Fred
Fred Tomke

Kerry

Fred,

Barry's look exactly like mine (not as expected)  .. on 2 machines on winXP

... yet I have several machines on winXP that look like yours. ( ie as expected)

copter

Same issue for me with Acad2009, 2010, Bricscad 10 under VISTA.

owenwengerd

I've been unable to reproduce the tab page issues, no matter what I've tried. So, we're back to trial and error. Thanks to all the input, I think I've at least narrowed things down a bit, so I'm more opimistic that trial and error will be successful. In Alpha 16, I've made another slight change to the way tab pages are painted, so please test it and report back your results.

Kerry

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!

Thanks Owen.

result 6.0.0.16 as attached :