Ok . . . I lied

Started by jb, August 03, 2010, 09:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb

The economy SUCKS!  It's taking soooo long to get anything done.  Very frustrating.  I won't go into detail here but if anyone is curious about the big career change visit http://www.BlackHorseDEV.us for more info.

Ok, so I'm bored.  I was playing around in AutoCAD and found myself inserting a block:

Who knows the exact coordinates for the insertion point??  I don't!  
Who scales blocks??? Not me!  
Rotate . . . sure but that's done on screen as well. And what’s up with that puny preview?

So finding all the flaws with AutoCAD’s Insert dialog I present the following:

The Insert button, well, inserts a block with on screen prompting, the Swap button swaps the block selected in the listBox with a selection on screen, the Drawing button brings up a getfiled dialog to insert an external drawing, the Import button calls the kbImportManager (if you have it loaded).

The first button to the right lets you pick a block to find out the name and preview while the second “grips” the blocks in the active drawing from the selected block in the listBox.

Now my drawings usually include, literally, a gazillion blocks.  Although I do use prefixes to sort types it’s still time consuming to find a block. Or I may want to ensure a block is already in the drawing " so the Search bar on top of the Blocks ListBox changes the selection as you type " pretty nice.  Also, the preview zooms and pans.

If you want to change the insert prompts modify the “kb:InsertBlock” sub.

In the zip is Blocks.odc " the OpenDCL file, Blocks.lsp " the odc file converted to lisp code, and Commands_Blocks.lsp which is were all the lisp stuff is.  

Now my code formatting skills are nowhere near as nice as some of the folks here " so PLEASE don’t use that as an example.  This is yet another shameless plug for OpenDCL.  Enjoy.

jb
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

BazzaCAD

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your new company, but it's good to have you back. :)
Looks like a nice little app.
P.S. ".odc" or ".odcL" :)
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom