InnoSetup and OpenDCL Runtime

Started by garcigj, September 17, 2012, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garcigj

Hi all,
First, my apologies for the translation (Spanish to English)
I've been doing a project installing a palette interface OpenDCL and I made a setup project in InnoSetup for distribution. The project set up the silent installation of OpenDCL Runtime:

#define OpenDCLRuntime "OpenDCL.Runtime"
#define OpenDCLRuntimeVer "6.0.2.5"
#define OpenDCLRuntimeAndVersion OpenDCLRuntime + "." + OpenDCLRuntimeVer + ".msi"
[Components]
Name: "opendcl"; Description: {cm:CompOpendcl};Types: full; Flags: dontinheritcheck

[Files]
;;-------------------------- OpenDCL ------------------------------------------------
Source: "INSTALACION\{#OpenDCLRuntimeAndVersion}"; DestDir: {tmp}; Flags: deleteafterinstall;  Components: opendcl;
[Run]
Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/q /i  ""{tmp}\{#OpenDCLRuntimeAndVersion}""" ; WorkingDir: {tmp};StatusMsg: Instalando {#OpenDCLRuntimeAndVersion}; Flags: waituntilterminated runminimized; Check: CheckOpenDCLRuntimeInstalled; Components: opendcl; AfterInstall: DCLRuntimeInstalledOK

In this part of the call to a function; Check: CheckOpenDCLRuntimeInstalled, to see if OpenDCL Runtime is installed and if so know which version is installed also to give a notice to the user. If the installed version is greater or equal, not installing OpenDCLRuntime run.

Function:

//----------------------- CheckOpenDCLRuntimeInstalled ----------------------------
// Chequea si puede instalarse OpenDCL Runtime en el equipo
function CheckOpenDCLRuntimeInstalled: Boolean;
var
sVerI, strVerInstalled, Path: string;

begin
    Result := true;
    if DirExists(ExpandConstant('{cf}\Opendcl')) then
    begin
      Path:= ExpandConstant('{cf}\Opendcl');
    end else if DirExists(ExpandConstant('{cf32}\Opendcl')) then
    begin
      Path:= ExpandConstant('{cf32}\Opendcl');
    end;
    if Path <> '' then
    begin
      Path:= Path + '\OpenDCL.18.arx';
      if FileExists(Path) then
      begin
      if GetVersionNumbersString(Path, strVerInstalled) then
      begin
        sVerI := ExpandConstant('{#OpenDCLRuntimeVer}');
        if strVerInstalled >= sVerI then
         MsgBox('Can not install OpenDCLRuntimeAndVersion}  + # 13 +
                      'because there is already a version equal or higher {#OpenDCLRuntime}.' + strVerInstalled + #13 +
                      'installed on this computer.'
                , mbInformation, mb_Ok)
         Result := false;
      end;
    end
  end;
end;

I wonder if I can find out if Windos Registry OpenDCL Runtime is installed and the installed version. I think it would be a more reliable way of obtaining this information.

You can see the project at:
http://www.hispacad.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39544

greetings and thanks.
José Luis García Galán
Hispacad.com - Expertos en CAD 
Madrid (Spain)

owenwengerd

There is no reliable way to simply check for a registry key. You would need to duplicate the very complicated work that msiexec does searching through the Windows Installer database. I recommend to leave that job to msiexec.

garcigj

Thanks Owen,
We'll leave the code like this.

I noticed that when installing OpenDCL Runtime, the installer detects if there is a later version and the advice, but I wanted to check it with the code to tell the user versions.

One more question:
Is there a way to download the latest stable version for the installer always install the latest version.

I know this is complicated because the installer should download it from the internet and the user may not have internet connection but can search for alternatives.

It's always the same download link? : (http://opendcl.com/go?runtime) or may change in the future.

again my apologies for the translation.
José Luis García Galán
Hispacad.com - Expertos en CAD 
Madrid (Spain)

owenwengerd

Quote from: garcigj on September 18, 2012, 11:02:23 AM
It's always the same download link? : (http://opendcl.com/go?runtime) or may change in the future.

Yes, it will always be the same.