jb

Owen RE: Palettes

Ohhhhhh . . . snap!

;)
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

jb

SetCmdBarFocus not working from Palette form - must click in the AutoCAD drawing window first . . ..

(defun c:jb008_01_TreeControl1_OnDblClicked  (/)
  (dcl_SetCmdBarFocus)
  (vla-sendcommand(vla-get-activedocument(vlax-get-acad-object))"jbDoorAdd "))

When a palette form is set to hide it won't pop back open once collapsed.

More to come . . ..
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

jb

I'm experiencing the "painting" issues as well.  Labels not re-painting and, oddly enough, "etched" spliters causing the worst painting issues . . ..

Love the palette experience though.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

Quote from: jb on February 21, 2008, 06:54:08 AM
SetCmdBarFocus not working from Palette form - must click in the AutoCAD drawing window first

Is this different from dockable forms? Does the KeepFocus property affect this?

owenwengerd

Quote from: jb on February 21, 2008, 11:53:34 AM
I'm experiencing the "painting" issues as well.  Labels not re-painting and, oddly enough, "etched" spliters causing the worst painting issues . . ..

Can you attach a sample file that demonstrates these problems?

tlindell

Although this may not be able to be addressed until '09 is shipped, I have the RC on WinXP32bit, and palettes are looking very ugly in it.  Screenshot shows a splitter not refreshing along the sides right, the borders do not display correctly anyways. The background is the dark grey on which other controls look poorly against.  Only the new Ribbon actually uses the dark background color (all other built-in palettes use the Windows defualt color) which gets hidden as panels populate it.

The splitter is not honoring the closest inside or outside properties either.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jb

There is an etched splitter between the top listbox and the graphic "open" button and path label.  Painting issues happen there.  There openDbx subs found elsewhere that aren't included here - but you should be able to open the palette and interact with it.

James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

tlindell

I'm getting a couple of functions missing from your code, primarily your 'jbload' function.

owenwengerd

This is fixed in Alpha 6, but keep an eye on it in future builds, because I'm still tinkering to try to optimize the performance and reduce flashing.

jb

tlindell - oops, that sub didn't belong in there anyway.  Try this one. (I've included the import functions if you want to try out - use - change the routine.)

Owen - Great work, looking forward to 6.  Has anyone else had issues when the palette is "collapsed" it won't react to the mouseover and "expand"?
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

Fred Tomke

Hm, if you want to know in detail, I must say, palette worked better in 5.0.0.5 than in 5.0.0.6. It won't collapes anymore after leaving the mouse from the palette although auto-collapse is active. I will create a video 'bout that.
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

I think the auto-collapse problem is not new, but depends on which kind of control has focus, and perhaps whether KeepFocus is true.  At least, I don't think I changed anything in Alpha 6 that would affect that.

tlindell

Palette painting issues related to splitter movement is working much better in Alpha 6.  There are still painting issues related to palette resizing and when it is flipped during dragging.  This is being tested on '09RC WinXP.

Thanks JB, I'll give your example a second try this evening.  Was there supposed to be a new attachment to your last post?

Autocollapse is not working for me either, autoexpand is working ok.

jb

'Doh!

James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

tlindell

Just tried your viewtool and it is a really neat design.  When I double click on a saved view name, I'm getting an arguement process exception:  dcl_control_SetText nil value not allowed.  After clicking away the warning message, I get the view.