Grids & Splitters

Started by BazzaCAD, February 29, 2008, 03:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaCAD

OK I have a Grid control & a Vert. Splitter next to it. When the splitter is moved the width of the Grid control gets wider.
Now the right side of the grid has a bunch of white space, so the user stretched one of the grid's column header to fix it.
When you close & reopen the form the grid's width & splitter are in the last location, but the grid's headers are back to there default location.
Is this a bug or a new feature request? Should OpenDCL manage the column headers automatically, so they're restored when the form is re-shown?
The only work-around I can think of right now, is to save the column width on form Close then restore them on Initialize...
Any other ideas?

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

owenwengerd

This is working as designed, but saving and restoring column widths would be a good feature request.

Fred Tomke

Hi,

since the form's width and height is saved in the registry I save the column widths of listviews and grids in the registry under my program path, too if I need it. May be this could help.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Kerry

I've wondered in passing if the Project_Export and Project_Import methods could be used to serialise the form contents and settings.
..... or if a request needs to be forthcoming for functionality to allow that to happen.
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp