Website owner

Started by BazzaCAD, January 29, 2023, 03:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaCAD

Hi Everyone,
Unfortunately, I'm no longer doing CAD customization anymore & I haven't been keeping up with this project lately. I wondering if there are any active members that would be willing to take over the site? You would need to be able to keep the domain registered, set up a hosting service or VM with WordPress & SMF installed (although the WordPress site isn't really used much any more) and all the other webmaster related tasks...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Danielm103

One or more of the CAD companies should sponsor this, you should consider reaching out to test the waters.
Maybe Bricsys?
Copyright© 2007 Daniel Marcotte, This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights

owenwengerd

Thanks for the many (almost 20!) years that you've managed this web site, Barry. You are one of many, many people I've encountered over the years who serve quietly, and do it well, without fanfare or glory. I hope someone else will step in to take over the responsibility. I'm pretty sure there are willing sponsors (and other members) to pick up the tab, but I think it is best if the web site remains independent and managed by one of our members.

Fred Tomke

Hi, Barry,

at first, thank you for maintaining the website and forum through the last decades.

Quote from: BazzaCAD on January 29, 2023, 03:42:34 PM
You would need to be able to keep the domain registered, set up a hosting service or VM with WordPress & SMF installed [...] and all the other webmaster related tasks...

The thing is, purely technically I do have the chance to take over the site but unfortunately, I have no experiences in setting up and maintaining WordPress and SMF. If there's a chance to make me know all the needed knowledge, I could do this. Barry, maybe we have a chance for a video call next week.

With regards,
Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

BazzaCAD

Thanks for the offer Fred. Do you have any experience with maintaining a web server or Linux?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Fred Tomke

Hi, Barry, sorry, unfortunately, I have no experience in Linux. I thought, that I could take over it to my webserver at Strato. I already registered opendcl.de in the past.
With regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]