5.0.0.21 - my forms are GONE!

Started by jb, August 06, 2008, 07:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb

Loaded .21  working on the BrickWorx form over at theswamp.  Go to show the form and it's not there.  OK I thought, it's a .21 problem - go back to 4.1.2.2 and guess what - unhandled exception - dcl_project_import!

Now I can't load any of my OpenDCL projects that were created in 4.1.2.2 and using the 4.1.2.2 runtime arx.  What happened????
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

BazzaCAD

Sounds like there's a bug in .21. remember to make backups before saving 4.1.2.2 projects in .21 (remember it's still alpha). It's not backwards compatible, so once it's saved in .21, no it wont open in 4.1.2.2. Just be patent and Owen will get it fixed, or send your form to Owen's e-mail & maybe he can fix it up for you.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

jb

that's the really weird part - I didn't convert them to 5.0.0.21 - there still the old compiled projects from 4.1.2.2.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

jb

update -

wrong arx being loaded . . .  :-[  . . . carry on.

But, there needs to be something done about the Form color in 5.0.0.21 defaulting to transparent?
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

What is happening with your form backgrounds?  They should remain unchanged when moving to .21.

jb

Form backgrounds are defaulting to -24 transparent - it's really quite shocking!  :o

OK, so I changed the color on one of my forms - pretty cool, but:

Can't change the color of the splitter between the two list boxes, and the little re-sizable icon in the lower right corner.  Hey, can we get rid of that completely?  The mouse pointer changing I think is enough.  Also, what about scroll bar color? Hey speaking of scrollbars . . .

Now a painting problem; when I move the scroll bar:

that's all for now.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

owenwengerd

In AutoCAD 2008 and 2009 on Vista, the new transparent forms are displaying exactly as they did before.  Which version of Windows, and which version of AutoCAD are you seeing the problem on?  Is the problem limited to palettes, or are other types of forms affected as well?

jb

sorry . . .

AutoCAD Architecture 2009
WinXP Pro 32 bit

I've only tested modal and modeless forms.
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

BazzaCAD

Lucky for you, you can get the forms to display. I can't and I have the correct a.21 arx loaded.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2040881&group_id=187950&atid=923363
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

owenwengerd

This problem is now fixed for Alpha 22.