Problem with dcl_Form_Show

Started by Zibster, October 15, 2008, 05:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zibster

Hi Hey Hello :)

I have problem with "dcl_Form_Show" on AutoCAD2009LT.
LT-Extender is okey, the others function work properly.

(dcl_Project_Load "bik_Blacha" T)
(dcl_Form_Show bik_Blacha_frmBlachy)

My version ODCL: 5.0.0.24

Zbyszek

Fred Tomke

Hello,

I have no experiences in LT and LT Extender but how about

(dcl_Form_Show "bik_Blacha" "frmBlachy")

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Zibster

Thx Fred,

but I have ask:
(dcl_Form_Show "bik_Blacha" "frmBlachy")  - it's work in LT and Full ACAD

why in Intelligent Help is:
AutoLISP Syntax:
(Setq Value (dcl_Form_Show bik_Blacha_frmBlachy
   [Optional] UpperLeftXCoordinate  [as Integer] 
   [Optional] UpperLeftYCoordinate  [as Integer]))

and not:
AutoLISP Syntax:
(Setq Value (dcl_Form_Show "bik_Blacha" "frmBlachy"
   [Optional] UpperLeftXCoordinate  [as Integer] 
   [Optional] UpperLeftYCoordinate  [as Integer]))

????

I wrote my code in Full ACAD, but after then I have to run the same program in ACAD LT too.
Now I have to correct all the code because everywhere I have so:
for example: (dcl_Form_Show bik_Blacha_frmBlachy)... ;/
or: (dcl_ComboBox_SetCurSel bik_Blacha_frmBlachy_cmbClassSteel 0)... ;/

The same problems are here:
1. (dcl_ComboBox_AddList "bik_Blacha" "frmBlachy" "cmbClassSteel" '("1" "2" "3" ...) )
2. (dcl_ComboBox_SetCurSel "bik_Blacha" "frmBlachy" "cmbClassSteel" 0)
3. (dcl_ComboBox_GetCurSel "bik_Blacha" "frmBlachy" "cmbClassSteel")
4... and more

Zbyszek

Fred Tomke

Hello,

as you may know, both is possible: bik_Blacha_frmBlachy and "bik_Blacha" "frmBlachy". You should prefer bik_Blacha_frmBlachy instead of using the strings to address controls and forms. In my experiences using the variables is more fast because you address the form object or the control object directly. That's why in the intelligent help the object variable is used.

Maybe LT or the LT extender does not support the variables with the form object or the control object. You've forgotten to mention in your initial message that you already tried the strings. Now I know that.

If your application only run in real AutoCAD when using the object variable then you have to change your code to strings to address controls and forms if it should work in both. As you can see in the release notes, the LT extender was updated to allow the old ObjectDCL working correctly. So maybe the LT extender has to be updated for OpenDCL, too.

But I want to let you know that you should take a look to the EULA. There is written that it is not allowed to extend the functionality of AutoCAD LT. Please keep this in mind.
I show you some information we got:

QuoteAs you know, AutoCAD LT does not support the development of applications based on ObjectARX, LISP or VBA. AutoCAD LT is degined to deliver cost effective access to full drafting productivity and is not an application development platform. Autodesk is aware that some developers are developing applications for AutoCAD LT and we would like to call your attention to the following:

• AutoCAD LT is not an application development platform and does not contain an application development environment. 
  • Autodesk does not support application development for AutoCAD LT.
  • Users of AutoCAD LT must comply with the provisions of the Software License Agreement that accompanies the product. This license agreement specifically states that use of add-on applications is not acceptable.
  • ADN members must comply with the terms of their ADN Agreement with Autodesk and with the terms of the ObjectARX license agreement. The ObjectARX license specifically prohibits using the ObjectARX SDK to develop applications for AutoCAD LT. In addition, unauthorized copying of AutoCAD LT or any portion of its code is copyright infringement. Autodesk will vigorously protect its intellectual property rights in AutoCAD LT.
  • AutoCAD, AutoCAD OEM and the Vertical Desktops offer appropriate environments for developing independent applications. These products contain all necessary APIs, which are fully disclosed, and developer support for them is provided through the Autodesk Developer Network.
  • Because AutoCAD LT is not a development platform, programming changes may be made in future versions that cause such applications to cease functioning with AutoCAD LT. Autodesk assumes no responsibility should this occur. 
  • To protect AutoCAD LT customers from the risk of unauthorized and unsupported use of AutoCAD LT by third-party developers, and to protect its own image and reputation, Autodesk will take such steps as may be necessary to prevent or impede such unauthorized use.
We thank you for your support and understanding. Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding this issue.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke

BazzaCAD

ObjectDCL used to use strings instead of variables, that's why the strings work & the Var's don't.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Fred Tomke

Hello Barry,

also in ObjectDCL variables could be used. But the variables contained an integer and not an object as in OpenDCL.

Fred
Fred Tomke

Fred Tomke

Hi, Zibster, have a look to the website of LT-Extender: he knows that not all tools will work. But you can send him your application for testing.

(see at the end of the site "Some tips for the  <appload> command:" and "Some common notes:".)

Fred
Fred Tomke

Zibster

Thx Fred,

I have problem with this yet:
(dcl_Control_SetRowHeight "bik_Siatki" "frmSiatki" "gridStand" 22) - not work
(dcl_Control_SetRowHeight "bik_Siatki" "frmSiatki" "gridStand" "22") - not work
(dcl_Control_SetRowHeight bik_Siatki_frmSiatki_gridStand 22) - not work
(dcl_Control_SetRowHeight bik_Siatki_frmSiatki_gridStand "22") - not work

Error: No object instance
Function: dcl_Control_SetRowHeight
Argument: 4

what is wrong?

Zbyszek

BazzaCAD

Are you asking about Acad LT?
If so it's not supported.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Zibster

Quote from: BazzaCAD on November 12, 2008, 09:36:27 AM
Are you asking about Acad LT?
If so it's not supported.

Yes, I asked about Acad LT...
Hmm... any chance that will change in the future? :)
In Poland 75% people work on AutoCAD LT :(
My boss is stubborn as a mule and wants all applications on LT ;/

very sad...
Zbyszek

BazzaCAD

I doubt it will every be officially supported as ARX isn't officially support in LT.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Fred Tomke

Hello, everybody, I ask you to send a very small example to Mr. Moses, the programmer of OpenDCL.
Maybe he can check this, or give advices.

Fred
Fred Tomke

BazzaCAD

Who's "Mr. Moses" ?

Quote from: Fred Tomke on November 12, 2008, 02:40:13 PM
Hello, everybody, I ask you to send a very small example to Mr. Moses, the programmer of OpenDCL.
Maybe he can check this, or give advices.

Fred
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Fred Tomke

Quote from: Fred Tomke on November 12, 2008, 02:40:13 PM
Mr. Moses, the programmer of OpenDCL ...

Sorry, I getting older and older, my brain seems to leave me. I mean

"Mr. Moses, the programmer of LT Extender ..."

Torsten_Moses@LT-Extender.com

http://www.lt-extender.com/LT-Extender/englisch/kontakt/content.htm

Sorry for this heavy mistake.

I also slept bad, I started to translate the new OpenDCL Help to German last night.

Fred
Fred Tomke

Zibster

Thanks a lot Fred :)

I sent message to Mr. Moses and I'm waiting for answer...

regards,
Zbyszek