o.k. this will probably sound dumb.... Where can I download OpenDCL ? Thanks!

Started by Hypersonic, January 31, 2009, 11:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypersonic

I should probably add, that I am running in Autocad 2004 and autocad 2009.... Will that create issues?

Thanks!

BazzaCAD

It will run on Acad2004 & up.  It will run fine on both.
Click the download button or here's a direct link: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=187950
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Hypersonic

Thank you, do I need the OpenDCL Runtime, the OpenDCL Studio ro the Open DCL sipped source code or all three?

BazzaCAD

You prob. only need the Studio.
The Studio is used to create\edit dialogs. The Studio will install the run-time at the same time on your PC.
The Run-time only install is used to distribute your application to others.
The Source code is the C++ ObjectARX code used to compile OpenDCL.

Since it sounds like you're just getting started, I'd suggest you check out this tutorial.
http://www.opendcl.com/forum/index.php?topic=501.0
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

william17051

Hello, I am just beginning to use the tutorial and have found that the file "AUBlockTool_Start.lsp" and the pictures that it talks about are not available to me.
Can you help?
So far I have been using VBA just because of the forms function.
This looks very promissing!
Thanks for any help! ;)

Fred Tomke

Hello william17051,

what do you mean with
Quotethe pictures that it talks about are not available to me.

Can you explain, what you want to do and what the OpenDCL Studio does instead?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Quote from: william17051 on March 10, 2009, 05:52:24 AM
Hello, I am just beginning to use the tutorial and have found that the file "AUBlockTool_Start.lsp" and the pictures that it talks about are not available to me.

Did you download and install OpenDCL Studio?  If not, you'll need to start with that (scroll up in this thread for more information about downloading OpenDCL Studio).

william17051

When following the tutorial it says to dowload the "AUBlockTool_Start.lsp" from the forum but when I click the link it tells me that I am not allowed to access it.
It also tells me to download the picture files for the picture link function. This also says that I am not allowed to access it in the forum.

BazzaCAD

Quote from: william17051 on March 10, 2009, 08:54:51 AM
When following the tutorial it says to dowload the "AUBlockTool_Start.lsp" from the forum but when I click the link it tells me that I am not allowed to access it.
It also tells me to download the picture files for the picture link function. This also says that I am not allowed to access it in the forum.

The tutorials can now be found on the main OpenDCL home page: http://opendcl.com/wordpress/?page_id=10
Where did you find the old links? Where it didn't give you access, so I can fix it.
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

BazzaCAD

Quote from: william17051 on March 10, 2009, 08:54:51 AM

Actually it sounds like you've already downloaded then if you're following the tutorial. The files you're looking for are contained in the same zip file, under the sub-folders: "Level 2\Start"
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

william17051

Yes, that was the problem.
I didnt realize they were there! :D
Thanks for the help!
Bill