problem with 5.1 picturebox

Started by Amsterdamned, June 22, 2009, 02:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amsterdamned

Hello there

Since I changed all my stuff to 5.1 I get a funny problem with a picture box in one of my files.

The wmf files I load do not seem to fit anymore. Is there a setting that forces the picture to fit the box?

Thanks

Bernd 
Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

owenwengerd

Can you post screen shots showing both what you get and what you should get?

Amsterdamned

I would if i knew how to do that..... :o
Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

BazzaCAD

Quote from: Amsterdamned on June 22, 2009, 06:38:31 AM
I would if i knew how to do that..... :o

Click the "Additional Options" link below, then you can browse to attach an image.
Do you need help creating the screen shot?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Amsterdamned

Yes, that would be nice. If i take the sreen shot, i can insert it into word. But how can i make a one for that forum? I now made a pdf form my word file.....

Bernd
Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

owenwengerd

That's a lot more work than necessary for creating a screen shot, but it works.  What is the value of the 'Auto Size' property of the picture box?  Can you post (or email) the .odcl file?

Amsterdamned

Owen,

that value is "False". I don't want the control to resize, i want the image to fit the control.
Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

owenwengerd

I cannot reproduce the problem here. Can you post the .wmf file you're using, along with the lisp code that you use to load it?

owenwengerd

I tested with your .wmf files, and they appear to be working correctly for me. Loading them with the Stretch argument set to T causes them to appear smaller than necessary because the .wmf contains a lot of unused canvas in the width direction. The images you attached in your earlier post show the .wmf loaded with Stretch set to NIL, but you told me via email that you use Stretch set to T. Therefore, I'll guess that you're using NIL, which would mean the resulting size is dependent on your display resolution and Windows font settings.

Amsterdamned

Oke. If it is depending on machine settings, I will have another problem (see my other post). I need to get that dock able form work on different computers where I don’t have any influence on their settings… How can I accomplish that?

Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

owenwengerd

You'll have to set Stretch to T.

Amsterdamned

Owen,

with stretch you mean the auto size?

Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

owenwengerd

No, I'm referring to the Stretch argument to (dcl_PictureBox_LoadPictureFile).

Amsterdamned

Owen,
Thanks, that was the problem Id didn’t even know that option was there…  :o
Was that in 4.1 already there as well? Anyhow, it works perfect.

Thanks,

Bernd
Bernd
Dell Precision M6400
XP SP3 Acad2006/2007

owenwengerd

The Stretch argument has been there from the beginning as far as I know.