dcl_Control_GetPos

Started by thatcadguy, July 23, 2009, 10:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatcadguy

I've got a tool palette...and when activated, running the dcl_control_getpos only returns width and height.  The left and top values are always 0 no matter where I place the palette on the screen.  Why is this?  Is there something I'm missing?

thatcadguy

Also seems that dcl_control_setpos does not work on my palette in the way that it will resize the palette, but not move it.

owenwengerd

I've done some work on getpos and setpos in Beta 8. Please test it and let me know whether you still notice any problems. Note that a docked palette cannot be moved or resized, and setpos should now return NIL when that is the case.

thatcadguy

I will play around with them when I get some time...for now though, I found out that OpenDCL stores the tool palette size and position in the registry...so there's no point in making the routine I was making.

flowerrobot

How do you stop it from being docked then so it can be moved.
i can only see
(dcl_Form_IsFloating NewWeightPallet_MainMenu)
So it docks at start up, and can not move it with
(dcl_Control_SetPos NewWeightPallet_MainMenu (nth 0 windloc) (nth 1 windloc) (nth 2 windloc) (nth 3 windloc))

Cheers flower

*Edit, sorry, i found that it has all ready being spoken about, with a result of workspace option.
Tho i carnt find mine  ???

thatcadguy

Not to be critical, but I'm almost certain that using LISP's position specific functions is better than using nth's, whenever possible...try this:

(dcl_Control_SetPos NewWeightPallet_MainMenu (car windloc) (cadr windloc) (caddr windloc) (cadddr windloc))