[Resolved] [6.0.0.13] Testers required.

Started by Kerry, November 11, 2009, 02:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Owen, I have the feeling that it is better (see ltm.gif). The caption will be displayed correctly in 5.1.2.3 (filled during OnInitialize). In 6.0.0.15 I have to set the caption manually after OnInitialize.

Another thing I recognized:
I have some picture buttons on the first tab which are disabled. As you can see in FormOver.gif they are overlayed with the form which is above during initialisation (here: OPM). Unfortunately, I have no chance to influence this. It is not so, if no other form is above.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Danner

6.0.0.15 - I'm afraid the problem with display of controls on tabs, see with Kerry's Test60012b project - still persists with my (Vista) computer.  My (xp) laptop still working fine. 

Kerry

Quote from: Danner on November 30, 2009, 03:25:30 AM
6.0.0.15 - I'm afraid the problem with display of controls on tabs, see with Kerry's Test60012b project - still persists with my (Vista) computer.  My (xp) laptop still working fine. 

Ditto ...  but I'm using XP sp3. frustrating.

Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp

owenwengerd

Fred, it would be helpful if you could attach simple examples (modeless form with bare minimum controls) that demonstrate each remaining problem.

Fred Tomke

Hi, Owen,

for the issue with overlaying form I send you an example:

• Load the project I attached. You won't need any code.
  • (dcl_form_show demo1_dialog1)
  • If no form lies over the sample palette everything seems to look fine.
  • Open AutoCAD object property manager and move it over the sample palette.
  • Close the sample palette
  • Open the sample palette again. Some controls show the pixels of the covering form.

Fred
Fred Tomke

Fred Tomke

Owen, the first problem I mentioned on top (with the disappearing caption) I cannot reproduce at my Win7 x64 Bit Notebook in a small project. But I'm just on tour these days. I'll try to create a new sample on thrusday when I'm back in office. Then I will also have a try to describe another new effect I had with one of my modeless form in Alpha 15: it "forgot" all its properties (but not Height and Width) so I had to reload the project file anew that all the other properties (like TitleBarText) are present again. But I think I need more silence to reproduce and to describe this. So I ask you for patience until thursday.

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

I could not reproduce the problem with your demo1 sample in Windows 7 x64 and AutoCAD 2010. It would be better if you can reproduce it with a modeless form that has only one control on it. Your sample introduces extra factors (pallete form, tab page, multiple controls) which could have an impact. By narrowing the problem down to the bare minimum needed to reproduce it, you will save me a lot of time chasing dead ends.

Fred Tomke

Owen, I have just created a modeless form with only the four imagebuttons. In that combination the effect you can see at the screenshot does not appear. The reason might be that the modeless form pushes itself to front automatically when form_show will be called.

This may be the difference to the palette form of my demo1-sample: Since the palette will be docked automatcally when Form_Show will be called it may appear behind an open floating palette. That's why I created a small example with the contents where I can reproduce.

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

I tested with the demo1 palette floating. Does it need to be docked?

Fred Tomke

No, but there has to be another palette over the position where the demo1 palette will appear. If the demo1 palette appears behid the other palette it should be reproducable (so on my Win7 x64 notebook). Will the demo1 palette not be docked if you call it? It is is docked at my notebook whatever I do.

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

The demo1 palette was docked initially, but I thought from your description that it should be floating, so I undocked it for testing.  Let me know if you think of anything else I can try.

Kerry

NOTE: Issues raised in this thread were related to a particular series of builds where the control painting methodology was being redesigned.
These issues have now been RESOLVED.
kwb.
///------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perfection is not optional.
My other home is TheSwamp